Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picking up water storage drums from Indy

Default Picking up water storage drums from Indy

https://youtu.be/NF3V9jBhTtw

I'm new. Hope I'm allowed to post my YouTube vids.
    Just our thoughts on water storage for our size family and a trip to Indianapolis to pick up some drums. Plus a little mishap on the way home.
    Thanks for watching and any feedback!

Yeah, you're fine. Cute vid. Nice lookin blonde lady...
    Man, you had a bit of an adventure there. Hope you didn't crack those two barrels you dropped out of the trailer..
    Not to contradict your advent but, you might have been better off buying the 250 gal square water tanks in the cage. I have 6 of them and had them delivered and placed for 30.00. We picked up two more 500gal ones ourselves and that was a job. It's just the two of us so we had to use a hoist and barrowed hubs company forklift to place them. We're also on our own well and installed a hand pump along side in case of power failure.
    We've been discussing burying the 8 lg water storage tanks this fall. I have 4 of the blue barrels like yours and placed to catch rain water for watering the gardens. We also put in a diversion from the hand pump to fill the garden barrels in case of drought (no rain). A much for Texas gardeners. Summer's can be brutal!

I like your vid. Made me smile!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Yeah, you're fine. Cute vid. Nice lookin blonde lady...
    Man, you had a bit of an adventure there. Hope you didn't crack those two barrels you dropped out of the trailer..
    Not to contradict your advent but, you might have been better off buying the 250 gal square water tanks in the cage. I have 6 of them and had them delivered and placed for 30.00. We picked up two more 500gal ones ourselves and that was a job. It's just the two of us so we had to use a hoist and barrowed hubs company forklift to place them. We're also on our own well and installed a hand pump along side in case of power failure.
    We've been discussing burying the 8 lg water storage tanks this fall. I have 4 of the blue barrels like yours and placed to catch rain water for watering the gardens. We also put in a diversion from the hand pump to fill the garden barrels in case of drought (no rain). A much for Texas gardeners. Summer's can be brutal!

I like your vid. Made me smile!
    Sounds like you've got it all worked out. I'm about to build a house on my property so wanting to stick with something that is semi mobile for when we make the complete transition to living on the homestead. I just wanted to add to what I already have... well just because I guess lol. Working on a cistern at the property as well. Kinda just trying to catch my new YouTube channel up with what I'm up to as far as content as well. Wanting to get involved in the YouTube prepping community and make some friends.
    Thanks for the comment!

Tuff crowd!

Kinda, but mostly because there are several threads like this already beaten to death about water storage and containers. We have several new members. Maybe they will chime in...
    Everyone is focused on the election right now and that's the hot topic of discussion. Don't get discouraged..
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Well heck I'm all about the election too! Maybe I'll just go jump in that discussion. Thanks for the heads up! I was more just trying to get some content up concerning my YouTube channel anyway.

It's a sweet vid. Hope you get lots of hits. I'm not signed up on any social media outlets or I would like and comment on it for you. This forum is my only connection to social media. "Low profile" is my locution.

Waiting to see what you do with them on the setup.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

I think he's just storing them until his move, before setting up, but I may have misunderstood that part.
    I wouldn't fill them if I planned to move in the very near future.
    If it were me, I'd move them first, get them set up and filled on the property. Save from having to do it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Waiting to see what you do with them on the setup.
    I definitely plan to do that in a vid. Thanks for the comment!