Thread: mountain house sale at woot.com

Default mountain house sale at woot.com

Cant beat the prices. Ends on August 29 at 12AM CT

http://sellout.woot.com/plus/freeze-...ef=so_cnt_wp_3
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security."

They have some tasty food, but like most food like this, it is lacking in calories. For short term survival though it's hard to beat.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Yeah, ya gotta watch the sodium and calories. Lots of time the calorie count for their 'one day serving portion' is insanely low.

Joe - NY

Guess I'll score a couple more buckets for the growing family. Son married last month and daughter marries in January. On the plus side, I built a BOB for SIL to be, so just have DIL to worry about. She is a severe diabetic. Concerns me.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Yeah, that could be tough on her. i would advise her to talk to her Dr. About having a reserve of diabetic pills on hand. Tell her Dr she will be traveling for a few months. At least, have those in reserve just incase because the injectable can't survive without refrigeration.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

What's the deal with the little box on her side. It's like direct inject, I think. I never asked, but would like to prep somehow for her.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    What's the deal with the little box on her side. It's like direct inject, I think. I never asked, but would like to prep somehow for her.
    My aunt has that little box. Her diabetes is so bad and so out of control that that little box monitors her blood sugar all the time and automatically injects insulin when needed. That's how I understand it anyway.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Yea, that part makes sense. But IDK how long a vial or whatever it is lasts, but it's not refrigerated, which was the problem in One Second after. So is this something you could stockpile? Although lets face it, it's going to run out at some point.

It's sad but, yes, eventually it would run out unless things return to some kind of normalcy before the inevitable happens without the insulin. I do know the pills last longer.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.