Thread: Canning Supplies! Ace Hardware!

Default Canning Supplies! Ace Hardware!

Not sure if you have an Ace Hardware by you. But if you do, and you are into canning, they have 1 pint jars for $7.00 even and quarts for $8.00, that's for a dozen. Really good price. Also, regular lids for $1.99. They would be worth unknown if SHTF! LOL, better than silver!

I'll go check my Ace to see if they are doing this.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Ours has a pretty good little canning department. They have about the same deal as Winco which is about 1/2 as far away, but we do buy some stuff at ace.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Dollar General has pints and quarts for the same price. 7 and 8 dollars. I bought all they had, 8 cases of each, and they've already restocked their shelves. Reg and lg mouth lids both 1.00 each box of 12.
    I'm not interested in them for barter. I use the hell out of them, and a stock of them come in handy to replace chipped or broken jars.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Amen Camo, 52 QTS. of mators canned just this month. That will do it for the year for our family Also several PNTS of G Beans and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Dollar General has pints and quarts for the same price. 7 and 8 dollars. I bought all they had, 8 cases of each, and they've already restocked their shelves. Reg and lg mouth lids both 1.00 each box of 12.
    I'm not interested in them for barter. I use the hell out of them, and a stock of them come in handy to replace chipped or broken jars.
    I am gonna check my dollar general for lids! Thats a damn good deal!

Another find at ACE, they had a water bath canner / pot for 22.00, I believe the brand name was American quartzite or whatever. Anyways, was at Costco and saw the same pot for 24.99!! $2.00 more than my little hometown ACE hardware! And the one at ACE was made in the USA!!!