Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Approaching events..

I tap as many news sources (mainstream and alternate) and discussion forums as I can, with a high degree of frequency, and have done so for the past 10 years.

My conscious mind can run down the list of possibilities. And while I can't, in my conscious mind, say exactly what is going on, or what's going to happen, in my unconscious mind - my gut-level reaction/hunch/instinct - is that something *snapped* and broke just a few months ago. Something in our world, broke, and even though not many people have noticed it yet, it's going to become VERY noticeable in short order, over the next 18-24 months. And I don't mean, a little something like if you're driving your car and one headlight goes out. I'm talking about something deep in the drive train... a bearing that's been wearing for years, finally develops enough slop that it can't maintain pressure... you start to hear a little vibration from the engine but you think, aw, that's not so bad, maybe I'll get the old girl in the shop next week.... And then, the bearing slips, and you hear the rod knocking, and realize that's a very bad sound. You don't know exactly when, but you know something very bad is about to happen, and if you don't pull over right then and there, it's a matter of minutes or seconds before metal breaks and that rod comes right through the side of the engine block.

Sure, we've all been watching that odometer on the world, and knowing that engines don't last forever. We've known it's a matter of time, really, before something unimaginable happens. Those of us who are aware, over the last 10-15 years, have heard that vibration start, and it's been getting a little louder every year for that decade plus. Now, this year, that bearing finally shifted and the rod knock has begun. Many of us are convinced we know what's up next, even if it is just in general terms. This baby is about to blow. Something big. Like the kind of SHTF that's haunted our daydreams and nightmares for over a decade. We've tried to steer away from it at every turn, but our next intersection is a Y with one side labeled "Damned if you do!" and the other labled "Damned if you don't!". I could run down the list of troubling developments this past 18 months but I would be at the keyboard for hours... HOURS! That's. Not. Normal. And what's in the pipeline is so far from normal it's not even on the same MAP with normal.

Get it together folks. I'm not saying that we're out of time where you can live as you do now.... but it seems we are in the dwindling space of time where it is still POSSIBLE to get READY for that time where life as we know it now, is just a memory.

I hope I'm wrong, high, delusional, mistaken, crazy, exaggerating, or over-excitable. I can tell you this... when I talk to people, and tell them what I think, I don't get looks of "you're crazy". I get looks of "I know you're right, but I don't want to think about it". And those looks, are what bothers me the most, because they're thinking it too, nearly everyone is on some level. They just don't want to think about it or talk about it. Hey, it's a beautiful sunny day here in Pompeii, so what if that old mountain is smoking? There's lots of good times to be had here and now... why worry about something like that? And, to a certain extent, I get it. I mean, we are all going to die, and for many of us, there's precious little we can do to change things. Why worry over things you can't change? Hey, I'm going to die too, and I hope to have some days in the sun with my loved ones before that happens and try to enrich their lives. So I'm going to do that. I've invested a lot of time, effort and money over the past 15 years to be more ready for something unexpected but I suspect that what's in the pipeline now is big enough to dwarf my efforts to insignificance. If that's true, I will be glad for every day I spent building happy memories with friends and family, trying to put a smile on their face and taking delight in their happiness. Oh, I'll still try to play this game for as long as I can, but I'm not kidding myself that there's any real "winning" it to be had. Let's see what the next couple of years have to teach us. Maybe it will be, that there's more time than we thought left and if so, that will be a happy occasion and I'll be glad to have a few more months to enjoy the people and the life that mean something to me. I'd suggest, we all try to do the same.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    I tap as many news sources (mainstream and alternate) and discussion forums as I can, with a high degree of frequency, and have done so for the past 10 years.

My conscious mind can run down the list of possibilities. And while I can't, in my conscious mind, say exactly what is going on, or what's going to happen, in my unconscious mind - my gut-level reaction/hunch/instinct - is that something *snapped* and broke just a few months ago. Something in our world, broke, and even though not many people have noticed it yet, it's going to become VERY noticeable in short order, over the next 18-24 months. And I don't mean, a little something like if you're driving your car and one headlight goes out. I'm talking about something deep in the drive train... a bearing that's been wearing for years, finally develops enough slop that it can't maintain pressure... you start to hear a little vibration from the engine but you think, aw, that's not so bad, maybe I'll get the old girl in the shop next week.... And then, the bearing slips, and you hear the rod knocking, and realize that's a very bad sound. You don't know exactly when, but you know something very bad is about to happen, and if you don't pull over right then and there, it's a matter of minutes or seconds before metal breaks and that rod comes right through the side of the engine block.

Sure, we've all been watching that odometer on the world, and knowing that engines don't last forever. We've known it's a matter of time, really, before something unimaginable happens. Those of us who are aware, over the last 10-15 years, have heard that vibration start, and it's been getting a little louder every year for that decade plus. Now, this year, that bearing finally shifted and the rod knock has begun. Many of us are convinced we know what's up next, even if it is just in general terms. This baby is about to blow. Something big. Like the kind of SHTF that's haunted our daydreams and nightmares for over a decade. We've tried to steer away from it at every turn, but our next intersection is a Y with one side labeled "Damned if you do!" and the other labled "Damned if you don't!". I could run down the list of troubling developments this past 18 months but I would be at the keyboard for hours... HOURS! That's. Not. Normal. And what's in the pipeline is so far from normal it's not even on the same MAP with normal.

Get it together folks. I'm not saying that we're out of time where you can live as you do now.... but it seems we are in the dwindling space of time where it is still POSSIBLE to get READY for that time where life as we know it now, is just a memory.

I hope I'm wrong, high, delusional, mistaken, crazy, exaggerating, or over-excitable. I can tell you this... when I talk to people, and tell them what I think, I don't get looks of "you're crazy". I get looks of "I know you're right, but I don't want to think about it". And those looks, are what bothers me the most, because they're thinking it too, nearly everyone is on some level. They just don't want to think about it or talk about it. Hey, it's a beautiful sunny day here in Pompeii, so what if that old mountain is smoking? There's lots of good times to be had here and now... why worry about something like that? And, to a certain extent, I get it. I mean, we are all going to die, and for many of us, there's precious little we can do to change things. Why worry over things you can't change? Hey, I'm going to die too, and I hope to have some days in the sun with my loved ones before that happens and try to enrich their lives. So I'm going to do that. I've invested a lot of time, effort and money over the past 15 years to be more ready for something unexpected but I suspect that what's in the pipeline now is big enough to dwarf my efforts to insignificance. If that's true, I will be glad for every day I spent building happy memories with friends and family, trying to put a smile on their face and taking delight in their happiness. Oh, I'll still try to play this game for as long as I can, but I'm not kidding myself that there's any real "winning" it to be had. Let's see what the next couple of years have to teach us. Maybe it will be, that there's more time than we thought left and if so, that will be a happy occasion and I'll be glad to have a few more months to enjoy the people and the life that mean something to me. I'd suggest, we all try to do the same.

I agree. Here for about the last year I have been thinking the same, and because of this my train of thought has changed from living through whatever to enjoying the time I have right now with my family and preparing to outlast 99% of the people around me.

Last year around this time I had an overwhelming gut feeling that something was going to happen, and it would involve the numbers 9 and 4. I thought that meant September 4th, but that day came and went while my gut feeling stayed the same. It has been over a year now and I still have the same feeling that the numbers 9 and 4 are going to be VERY important. I just can't shake it no matter what I do.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

^^^^Spooky stuff said here, but every word true. I have had a sense of forboding for the last 7.5 years (you figure it out) about how and when this world will suddenly, and violently change for the worse. I hope if it's a nuclear event, it happens in my backyard....at least then I can ascend happily to heaven, and break the bondages of stress, and pain on this earth.

I started getting this same feeling 20, 25 years ago. It has been growing in intensity without let up. The "X" factor is what scares the daylights out of me and I'm sure I'm not alone there. We could probably come up with a thousand theories/scenarios and still not be sure of anything. I'm a thinker, planner, I like to have a plan...and an alternate plan...and an alternate plan...and I can't tell you how many I've drawn up, read and thrown away because "something" just didn't sit right with it. I don't know when was the last time I got more than four hours of sleep. Usually more like three hours. My mind just will not go into neutral and let me rest. And something I've mentioned to not more than half a dozen people...and I'm extremely reluctant to do so here, but...for a long, long, long, long, time now...years...I've had this unshakeable feeling that somewhere in front of me I'm going to have a monumental task thrust upon me that I really DO NOT want. What that task is, and when this feeling started growing...I don't know. But it turns my blood to ice water. It just scares the bejeezus out of me. Y'all probably think I'm nuts; you wouldn't be the first ones to look at me sideways, but this thing JUST WILL NOT LET ME GO. I've tried to ignore it, I've tried to deny it, I've tried every way I know how to put it out of my mind and the harder I fight the tighter the grip it gets on me. I've tried talking to people who I felt pretty close to about the need to organize into a group for mutual support. Some of the looks I've gotten you'd think I had just told them I had leprosy. Even, at times, some of my own family. One day I finally told my wife (she use to look at me like I was nuts because of some of the things I said and did) that there was reason for everything I did, that the responsibility for providing for her and our kids and grandkids fell directly upon my shoulders and that I would do whatever I felt necessary to fulfill that responsibility and that whether she agreed with me or not, I neither needed nor asked her permission to do so. Since that day, though, she has began to realize some of the things I've been talking about are not so far fetched after all. She's not one to talk about it much, but she no longer gripes or complains when I do something "outlandish". I can't help but feel that one evening we are all going to go to sleep with things being "normal", and when we wake up the world is going to have been turned on its ear. For those of us who have prepared as well as we could its going to be very difficult. For those who have lived in denial its going to be a nightmare beyond their imagination. I don't know, folks. I swear, I would almost give six months retirement for one night of peaceful, restful sleep. I know its futile to worry about things you can't change or control, but how can you not be concerned when you know something horrible is maybe...just around the next bend. And I can't help but wonder if perhaps that "next bend" might be this next election. Well, since I've bared some of my innermost thoughts, and bored all of you silly, and some of you are probably ready to put a straight jacket one me, I reckon I'll hush for now. Thanks for indulging me.
    Last edited by beowulf; 08-11-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I started getting this same feeling 20, 25 years ago. It has been growing in intensity without let up. The "X" factor is what scares the daylights out of me and I'm sure I'm not alone there. We could probably come up with a thousand theories/scenarios and still not be sure of anything. I'm a thinker, planner, I like to have a plan...and an alternate plan...and an alternate plan...and I can't tell you how many I've drawn up, read and thrown away because "something" just didn't sit right with it. I don't know when was the last time I got more than four hours of sleep. Usually more like three hours. My mind just will not go into neutral and let me rest. And something I've mentioned to not more than half a dozen people...and I'm extremely reluctant to do so here, but...for a long, long, long, long, time now...years...I've had this unshakeable feeling that somewhere in front of me I'm going to have a monumental task thrust upon me that I really DO NOT want. What that task is, and when this feeling started growing...I don't know. But it turns my blood to ice water. It just scares the bejeezus out of me. Y'all probably think I'm nuts; you wouldn't be the first ones to look at me sideways, but this thing JUST WILL NOT LET ME GO. I've tried to ignore it, I've tried to deny it, I've tried every way I know how to put it out of my mind and the harder I fight the tighter the grip it gets on me. I've tried talking to people who I felt pretty close to about the need to organize into a group for mutual support. Some of the looks I've gotten you'd think I had just told them I had leprosy. Even, at times, some of my own family. One day I finally told my wife (she use to look at me like I was nuts because of some of the things I said and did) that there was reason for everything I did, that the responsibility for providing for her and our kids and grandkids fell directly upon my shoulders and that I would do whatever I felt necessary to fulfill that responsibility and that whether she agreed with me or not, I neither needed nor asked her permission to do so. Since that day, though, she has began to realize some of the things I've been talking about are not so far fetched after all. She's not one to talk about it much, but she no longer gripes or complains when I do something "outlandish". I can't help but feel that one evening we are all going to go to sleep with things being "normal", and when we wake up the world is going to have been turned on its ear. For those of us who have prepared as well as we could its going to be very difficult. For those who have lived in denial its going to be a nightmare beyond their imagination. I don't know, folks. I swear, I would almost give six months retirement for one night of peaceful, restful sleep. I know its futile to worry about things you can't change or control, but how can you not be concerned when you know something horrible is maybe...just around the next bend. And I can't help but wonder if perhaps that "next bend" might be this next election. Well, since I've bared some of my innermost thoughts, and bored all of you silly, and some of you are probably ready to put a straight jacket one me, I reckon I'll hush for now. Thanks for indulging me.
    I can legitimately say that you are not alone with your train of thought. My older brother truely feels the same way you do, as do I. It has helped having a family member who understands and does not look at me funny. It also helps that both of our wives kind of understand us in this relm. But no one else in my daily life even remotely has a clue, so I stay silent most of the time. When I do speak about such matters I have to seriously hold back. That in itself is exhausting.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Ready 4 reset View Post

Invasion from space?
    President Reagan thought so too... Was he joking???? Hmmmmm

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

We are now less than a month from 9/11, what significance it has this year is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by Winni; 08-12-2016 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I started getting this same feeling 20, 25 years ago. It has been growing in intensity without let up.

I know its futile to worry about things you can't change or control, but how can you not be concerned when you know something horrible is maybe...just around the next bend. And I can't help but wonder if perhaps that "next bend" might be this next election. Well, since I've bared some of my innermost thoughts, and bored all of you silly, and some of you are probably ready to put a straight jacket one me, I reckon I'll hush for now. Thanks for indulging me.
    I hear you BW and I have, in the past, been on the receiving end of funny looks from friends and comments from the wife about "ridiculous" or "over the top" efforts that I have undertaken. Not getting those any more. This is one of those occasions when there is no relief in being vindicated, no joy in being proven "right". Things are happening faster it seems, like a snowball gathering steam going down hill. By the time it becomes big enough for most people to consider it a potential threat it has become nigh-on unstoppable. Now the only option is to find some way to outlive the coming avalanche.

I absolutely do not want to dissuade anyone from their prepping and I know that most of us on here are prepping as hard as ever, maybe harder... but also don't forget to enjoy the here and now with those you love... you may not have a lot of opportunities to make these kinds of memories forever. Yes we all feel the burden to take care of our loved ones but that responsibility extends to taking care of their emotional well-being too, not just physical. And we will never guess correctly on what it is that ultimately bears down on us... maybe not one or two big things, but millions of tiny ones, like the individual snowflakes in that avalanche, crushing us under their combined weight. You can't prepare for everything. You can prep in a general sense and be prepared for MOST things, but you'll never guess them all, and never be prepared for them all. That way lies madness. So, in an effort to enjoy these remaining days of sunshine, let's do what a man can reasonably do, with prudence, and give ourselves a bit of peace and rest now and then. If that means a sleeping pill or a good stiff drink on occasion, and a bit of R&R to refresh and renew, go for it. I have a feeling we are all going to need to be well-rested as well as reasonably prepared.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

I've made peace with whatever happens.
    Not knowing can be scary, but I'm not afraid of it. Just cautious not to bring attention to my front door but, if it shows up, I'm ready to take action. I may lose the fight but whatever it is, will go down with me and that will somewhat reduce the opposition for someone else.
    Death doesn't frighten me. Living under severe oppression by a tyrannical government does!
    As for as Islamic oppression goes, I will NEVER give way to it to save myself. I will not turn my back on my faith in God.
    If there is a biological war, I will do what I can to help others but me and my family comes first.
    My end of ends is that no one lives forever and I am not incline to try. I will do what I can with what I have and leave the rest to sheer ingenuity.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I have just about reached the conclusion that the only thing that is going to reverse direction is total, absolute global societal collapse. Governments all over the world are so full of corruption that the only thing that is going to sterilize or purify anything is fire...perhaps nuclear fire. When you stop and consider all the fighting that is taking place in a lot of various places, lack of trust between nations, the military posturing...how long before "someone" is going to snap and push that "magic" button that starts the whole ball rolling. Also, I don't think the United States is the only country rotting from the inside out. How long before China decides to "cash in their green stamps" and demand the U.S. pay up...in either dollars, technology or land. There are just SO MANY possibilities/probabilities it would be almost impossible to do an effective analysis on them all and decide what course of action we need to concentrate on to protect and defend ourselves and secure our continuance as a nation. One of my biggest fears is the possibility of fighting in the streets of our cities and the highways and bi-ways and country side of our own home land. Whether the fighting be between we the people and our own government, or between us and a foreign country...such as China....after our government has sold out to them and they have come to stake their claim to our land for payment for debts owed. Whatever the case, I can't think of a worse nightmare. I don't believe we can any longer put something like that outside the realm of possibility. I know, I'm rambling on again, but these are just some of the things that keep racing around inside my cranial cavity. I wonder if anyone else of all you good folk are as crazy as I am. Or maybe I might not be so crazy after all. I don't know. The hardest thing of all is the waiting to see what is going to happen. I hate to think of all the pain and suffering and horror, but maybe its time someone started the dance. I think we all see it coming. We just don't know exactly what, when, and from which direction. Kind of hard to devise a battle plan when the horizon is so hazy. And I'm in agreement with cami, I'm at peace within. I'm not worried about myself. Its for my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren that I fear.
    Last edited by beowulf; 08-12-2016 at 11:38 PM.