Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Movies!

Changing the bible by use of key words!

Have we not discussed the keys, and how they change the word with a term of similar but not equal value.

A lot on that list is going on. As we speak. Family use to be the most important unit in govt.

This is a very interesting statement...I need to muse upon it as it has brought up in me a line of thinking...having to do with mathematics today.

Have we not discussed the keys, and how they change the word with a term of similar but not equal value.
    Thanks,
    Orangetom

Alredneck posted..

Oftentimes in mathematics they use math to describe "Validity." To show that something is "Valid." Not truth..but validity.

This is often a sleight of hand...because "Valid" is not always true. Unless such a concept is known to the reader/viewer...one would not always know the difference. Same with words...they can be use to accurately describe or to accurately deceive.

Polling numbers are often very similar in design..

Orangetom

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Duck and Cover with Bert the Turtle.

I remember having to duck under our desk in school for nuke drills.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    I liked the old Jason Robards film from the 1980s, a TV movie, "THE DAY AFTER." Survival in America after a nuclear exchange.
    Also, a tv series a number of years back, "JERICHO," was pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    I really liked "Red Dawn" and often thought about what I would do in that situation.
    I love Red Dawn too. They filmed it a couple hundred miles from me. I want to go take pictures of some of the "calumet" locations.

Growing up in the woods along with my lifelong affair with firearms, Red Dawn (original) was a huge influence on me. The remake..meh...not so much.

I've got one that most would not think of. It's "apocalyptic" but not in a conventional sense. It's more thought-provoking.

The movie is "They Live" by John Carpenter and starring "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

In a declining economy/world, a drifter looks for whatever work is to be found. Along the way, he discovers that the economic conditions he struggles with didn't "just happen"... they were created by a special class of people seeking to exploit the common man and milk the world dry. There's a fascinating sci-fi twist to it (won't spoil it for those who may want to see if for the first time) but if you take that out, it's a perfect match for what we've seen happen to the world around us over the last 30-40 years. Instead of going along and getting his piece of the pie, Piper's character rebells and takes on the Shadow Rulers. This is a must-see movie for every prepper, IMHO.

Bit of trivia - this movie contains the longest un-cut back-alley brawl in cinematic history. The actors got a bit carried away and it nearly (or maybe not-nearly!) became a real fight in the heat of the moment. Carpenter kept the cameras rolling and caught it all on film.

If you let Carptener's "They Live" world go on for another 20-30 years, it would look a lot like the dystopias showcased in the series "Max Headroom", "Robocop" or the movie "Blade Runner". Honestly it is startlingly similar to the one we live in today. Fairly prescient for a film made in the 80's. It's a great "wake them up" movie if you have people who can see past the sci-fi metaphor and get the film's real meaning.
    Last edited by bruss01; 01-18-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.