Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movies!

Default Movies!

I love apoc and post-apoc flicks from any time period. I've seen so many, but I'm always looking for more.

I'm curious if anyone here ever watched any films that influenced their ideas about survival or prepping? For example, I got hooked on the Mad Max movies as a kid. Between those and growing up in the 1980s, we talked a lot at my house about nukes and such. My family didn't take it seriously, but I know that's when my obsession with "the apocalypse" started. Anyone else influenced by media like that? (Could also be video games or tv, but I love movies the best.)

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for stuff to watch, I'd love to know about them. I'm sure I've got a lot of the classics down, but if anyone knows of any off-the-wall ones, that'd be great.
    -----------------------------------------
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Duck and Cover with Bert the Turtle.

I remember having to duck under our desk in school for nuke drills.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Have you seen "The Fifth Wave" yet? It was pretty good. It's at Redbox right now.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I do enjoy movies and how far they have come with cgi and uhd.

I have hd with blue rays and use to watch a movie on the weekend or late in the evening when not up to much.

Hadn't watched TV much in the last two years. Tho download short vids or radio blog talk off the net.

Media wasn't much of a influence growing up, spent most my days running away from family drama and always preferred being on the hunt.

These days I hunt data not just critters. And see how the control of information influence opinion in media.

Right at your door
    The road
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

I liked the old Jason Robards film from the 1980s, a TV movie, "THE DAY AFTER." Survival in America after a nuclear exchange.
    Also, a tv series a number of years back, "JERICHO," was pretty good.

I really liked "Red Dawn" and often thought about what I would do in that situation.

Damnation alley.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Have you seen "The Fifth Wave" yet? It was pretty good. It's at Redbox right now.
    Ya know camo, for a movie, this could be really close to how the near future plays out. Massive world wide earthquakes, massive tsnaumis, get paid visits. If folks only knew what was underground.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    .....If folks only knew what was underground.
    Gehenna