Thread: SGAmmo Golden Tiger .223 FMJBT 56gr $219.90/1000rds+$16SH

Default SGAmmo Golden Tiger .223 FMJBT 56gr $219.90/1000rds+$16SH

I understand there is a recall on that ammo and SG is processing returns. Some issue with multiple bad primers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Psycho View Post
    I understand there is a recall on that ammo and SG is processing returns. Some issue with multiple bad primers.
    It's not bad primers, but hard primers. GT outsourced the primers and instead of using Tula primers like the usually do they decided to use 5.45x39 primers. Some are reporting that a replacement heavier hammer spring and/or an extended/enhanced firing pin fixes the problem. Here's a post about it from ARFCOM http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_467/2...w__GT_223.html
    Last edited by WeldonHunter; 07-22-2016 at 09:20 PM.

so which is more cost effective then?
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman1 View Post
    so which is more cost effective then?
    I guess just sending it back would be the most cost effective since it wouldn't cost anything. Sam's offering a full refund and paying return shipping to anyone that is experiencing a problem. Not everyone is having a problem, but that depends on the firearm. Fixing it also depends on the firearm. Some say the Wolff XP extra power hammer spring fixes it, some say the Xtreme Precision extended/enhanced firing pin fixes it and some did both. This isn't the first time GT has had a problem similar to this and it's not just golden tiger. I found reports of similar problems with Golden Tiger 5.45x39 from years ago. Some Wolf ammo has had problems with harder than usual primers too. It's all explained in the ARFCOM link I posted above.