Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with supplies for canning.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Why pick on Trump ? You won't vote for anyone including Jesus himself.
    LOL, I said I wouldn't give control of the country over to jesus. We can rule ourselves as one nation under God. Isn't that the way the Republic is supposed to be?

As for Trump, why not pick? Millions are looking at him to save this country, which is not apart of the agenda.

Nah, having a tax number or not doesnt matter. 5k and under allows you to sell as a hobby instead of a business that requires a tax ID and a DBA.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I used to sell jams and jellies at a Farmer's Market. When you are making sugar free you have to hover over the cooking fruit, as it will scorch in the blink of an eye.

I really enjoyed using the pectin intended for sugar-free jams because you did not have to worry about having the right amount of sugar to acid: if it tasted good you could make it jell.

Some stores will give a discount if you buy in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Terri View Post
    I used to sell jams and jellies at a Farmer's Market. When you are making sugar free you have to hover over the cooking fruit, as it will scorch in the blink of an eye.

I really enjoyed using the pectin intended for sugar-free jams because you did not have to worry about having the right amount of sugar to acid: if it tasted good you could make it jell.

Some stores will give a discount if you buy in bulk.
    We use the low sugar almost exclusively because my wife has modified lots of the recipes that call for regular refined sugar in favor of organic pure cane which is WAY sweeter than your regular old table sugar.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Absolutely, pure cane sugar is one good way to go. A little more expensive but it makes up for it in use. Takes much less.
    I've used pure unprocessed honey to replace sugar too. Using honey leaves a fantastic taste with pears and also fig perserves.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Nah, having a tax number or not doesnt matter. 5k and under allows you to sell as a hobby instead of a business that requires a tax ID and a DBA.
    Cash is your friend.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Absolutely, pure cane sugar is one good way to go. A little more expensive but it makes up for it in use. Takes much less.
    I've used pure unprocessed honey to replace sugar too. Using honey leaves a fantastic taste with pears and also fig perserves.
    When I was a kid living in LA, there was a cane field behind us. Would cross the bayou n gather some up n sit in the shade n chew on the cane. Yummy but a lot of work.

Remember the cane mill, always funny smell.

Oh the memories! My Grandpa use to give us kids a segment of sugar cane to strip and chew on. I don't know where it came from but he didn't grow it as far as I know. It was a real treat though.

get an ein number and buy it by the case from local grocery wholesaler..its all about the profit margin,, spend less.. profit more..if its agribusiness you are allowed to make so much in sales in certain states.. In Louisiana you can sell it on the side the road, along with green onions collard greens and so forth..you prolly only need one or two cases,, cant you get cane sugar in 25 lb bags from Costco , Sams ?
    Some wholesalers you don't have to have a minimum purchase amount..depends on who you buy from/
    Last edited by silvergramma; 07-01-2016 at 04:20 PM.

We don't have a Costco, but I've never seen it at our SAM's.