Thread: um,,, define hobby

Default um,,, define hobby

I do have an ability that has nothing to do with prepping, I can sing..still good at it for my age,, I turned 60 May 28. hadn't sung in 8 years.. voice hasn't changed much. its nothing to try out for America's got talent or anything but to see me you wouldn't know it.. Just an old biddy,,

Sure can , Old Biddy Buddy. A hobby is what you do because at 60 you better do it now while you still have the
    extra few bucks and perhaps health insurance.

60 isn't old. It's the new 40.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

You better believe it. It was a shock to me to learn how fragile I had become. I was getting up from the floor and hurt my knee.
    That was a learning moment. Do it now!

I've been practicing for a ladies group where I live but with my schedule its been hard to actually nail down a time,, I've learned not to plan anything , 15 minutes later the schedule gets changed and not by me.

Hard to differentiate a hobby. I enjoy doing different things. Some actually generate income, so does that move it out of the hobby category, and in to trade or profession?
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

if it earns you more than 70 percent of your income its a trade,, it it gives you 100 percent its a profession

A hobby is something you do because you enjoy it, doesn't matter whether or not, or how much money you make at it.

It's a hobby is when you do it because of the enjoyment and not because of the money.