Thread: Colorado becomes last state to legalize rainbarrels (05/2016)

Default Colorado becomes last state to legalize rainbarrels (05/2016)

Signed today by the governor Colorado residents can now install rain barrels without breaking the law.

https://www.cpr.org/news/story/new-c...rs-out-shadows
    When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Are you serious! Wow! Of all the liberal states, you would think they would have been one of the first ones. It amazes me how politicians create laws that can prevent anyone from collect water that falls from the sky. *Shaking my head* in disbelief!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Are you serious! Wow! Of all the liberal states, you would think they would have been one of the first ones. It amazes me how politicians create laws that can prevent anyone from collect water that falls from the sky. *Shaking my head* in disbelief!
    Colorado was under agreement with states downriver to not block up water sources, which then applied to everyone that lived in the state.

I can understand not blocking downriver water but rainfall run offs from buildings into rain barrels is rediculous. When you consider surface run offs compared to rain barrel collection, there is no comparison.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

In montana they have a saying, whiskey's for drinking water's for fighting over.

The next world war might just be fought over water. Look at India an c Brazil right now. Both countries are really hurting as far as water availability goes right now.

Joe - NY

I think it was more about farmers than downriver flow.

And it's still not be best system. For instance I can only install 110 gallons worth of catchment. So the nice 250 gallon containers are still not allowed.
    When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

I find it appalling that rainbarrels are something that has to be made legal..... Even if you collect the water and use it, it STILL finds it's way downstream.
    Good medicine in bad places

In IL it's still on the books you cant have rain barrels but it not enforced in my area

Illinois.... lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!