Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: N K claims it has successfully tested intercontinental ballistic rocket

Default N K claims it has successfully tested intercontinental ballistic rocket

North Korea claims it has successfully conducted an engine test of a new intercontinental ballistic rocket it says will strengthen its ability to stage nuclear strikes on the United States, the Associated Press reported.

More on this story: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04...et-engine.html
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Whatever the facts truly are we can rest assured of one thing - that North Korea hates the USA and it is working feverishly to perfect its nuclear capability.

Yes they do and YES, they are. Hopefully we still have the means to intercept.
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Yes they do and YES, they are. Hopefully we still have the means to intercept.
    Only if from the north. Our "Maginot Line" points north, and would be ineffective if the attack came from the south.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

That would have to be one hell of a long range missle if it came in through our Southern borders!
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 04-09-2016 at 01:03 AM.

It boils down to those countries that hate the US banding together (Iran, NK, VENEZUELA to name a few) and becoming more powerful than they would have been standing alone, even if only secretly doing so. They are looking to exchange ideas, currencies, raw materials and technology to advance their stated goals of destroying the Western 'way of life', even if via proxy.

Joe - NY

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    It boils down to those countries that hate the US banding together (Iran, NK, VENEZUELA to name a few) and becoming more powerful than they would have been standing alone, even if only secretly doing so. They are looking to exchange ideas, currencies, raw materials and technology to advance their stated goals of destroying the Western 'way of life', even if via proxy.

Joe - NY
    You could very likely add Cuba to that list and they are very close to the USA. And I wonder if maybe Mexico could be added to the list. I bet it certainly could if Trump becomes President.
    There are many countries that while not openly hostile to the USA, are certainly not our friends. Oh sure they trade with us for their own benefit, allow US tourism to collect our dollars, and eagerly accept our foreign aid but if the situation came I think they would stab us in the back without any hesitation at all.

Yep, our allies have dwindled greatly since O took office. For some strange reason, I wasn't thinking about Ven and Mex and that isn't like me to forget those above all. Thanks for the wake up call!

Our sorry _ss excuse for a CINC has cost this country in ways far worse than the massive debt he has added to what we already had. Almost every country we have stood against for the past 30-60 years from Russia, China, Cuba to Iran and N Korea have all in some way, or across the board strengthened their military power and threat level they generate. Plenty of others, whether countries or groups (such as ISIS) can cause enough turmoil and havoc to start other serious problems. All the while O has caused us to decline almost across the board. Our economy which tanked in 08 has came back so great that we still have millions unemployed and no prospect of finding a job anywhere near what they lost. Our military has had many of it's top brass fired and I have no doubt a lot of our enlisted have been forced out as well. On top of that spending on defense has been cut as well. We are more split as a country internally than most likely than ever since the civil war.
    IMO, Things are not looking rosy at this time.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Not sure of the implications are of this, but apparently a senior NK military intelligence officer has defected to the South.

Joe - NY