Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alright maryland and surrounding states!!!!!!

Exclamation Alright maryland and surrounding states!!!!!!

I know you guys and gals are out there. I am in Maryland and have made contact with a multi-state prepper organization. I am potentially the first Maryland member. I am looking for like minded people from all walks of life. Maryland, Deleware, Pennsylvania,Virginia. I know you are out there. Its time to connect with other people and groups. I and many others I have spoken to feel time is growing short before something happens. What that something is, well the jury is still out on that. Regardless, its time to network. With people close to you and even those further out. If for no other reason than to have communications, barter and trade resources and skill sharing. Im not asking for the keys to the castle. Even if all I succeeded in doing is getting different groups to communicate and share ideas then that is at least something. Can your family or group survive in total isolation? Or would it be smart to have open lines of communication with other groups or families both near and far? At this point I think it is time to take a small chance at reaching out to the surrounding prepper communities and families.

And folks in M.D.. ...I know this is a nanny state that includes the District of Criminals. For the sake of your family you need to be connected in this state maybe more than any other. I would like to form close ties with other preppers and patriots, but if all I can accomplish is a network of communication then that is at least a start. Even if you have your group of families already together, you can still help others get started and help teach others to do the same. And not jeopardize your OPSEC. Come on people.....get out of the prepper closet! Reply to this post, lets make something positive happen.
    Last edited by M.D. PATRIOT; 12-24-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling error

Good luck putting this together. You might post around on other threads to make sure you are seen.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Ewww, just outside of my AO. However, even if it were in my AO, my primary concern would be associating with 'unknowns'. I get the concept, but the risks seem to outweigh the rewards for me and my family.

Joe - NY

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Curious, I was just looking at some posts of a lost pal of mine, and it fits into this. I understand SJ's response, heck I even have problems with close family keeping their mouth shut, but here is the other side:

http://www.whenshtf.com/threads/3999...726#post491726

Start by sending a email to those state militias that surround you.

Going to local ranges in those areas n talking with fellow enthusiasts will get ya a couple more.

Local volunteer fire, emt, depts n the like are also great additions to the info stream n have great people to work with.

Team work n a simple plan will get you thru way more than can be imagined.

Pm me.

my primary concern would be associating with 'unknowns'. I get the concept, but the risks seem to outweigh the rewards for me and my family.
    this, and this:

Start by sending a email to those state militias that surround you.

Going to local ranges in those areas n talking with fellow enthusiasts will get ya a couple more.

Local volunteer fire, emt, depts n the like are also great additions to the info stream n have great people to work with.

Team work n a simple plan will get you thru way more than can be imagined.
    This whole subject is an important one, but difficult to achieve. Classic Catch 22. The real preppers you really want to meet are very cautious and circumspect and difficult to make contact with. Easier to make contact with nut jobs. Best thing is get involved in things where you might expect to meet perppers: CERT, Volunteer Fire Dept, Gun Ranges and the like

People that sponsor community functions will keep their communities functioning. All the folks scared of everything n everyone will always be afraid.

We don't take cowards into combat. Hiding isn't going to solve the problem and problems don't solve themselves. Some of us know how to use what's coming to do nothing but solve certain problems.

When the people of this country stand together we can go back to greatness.

* it's sad to. A few years ago some of my old leadership from the army use to be members here. They sent me a message to go run n hide cause like many of us they saw what was coming. I have no respect for folks who call themselves the leadership.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 12-24-2015 at 12:29 PM.

I do like Gill Broussard ' work he's really close but is leaving important information out. I'm working on getting more of this out.

He tells a story how the jews last time they went thru these tribulations didn't build the church they were asked to build.

Peeps make fun n talk smack to me n I shed it off cause they're not willing to do the research.

I built my church, not out of stone but Spirit. After these events pass, watch all the Warriors that come crawling up out of the ashes. Dispersed all across the countryside.

Lightfighter's n lightworkers, waiting on the Light!
    Last edited by Alredneck; 12-24-2015 at 12:43 PM.

I get the whole security worry. You don't think I am worried too? It wasn't like I am planning on giving out my address, nor would I expect that from anyone. But beyond that initial worry, what keeps me up at night is trying to figure out how I, alone, am going to keep my family safe. If any of you, who do not at a minimum own and live above an Atlas shelter or live a few hundred miles from "civilization" plan on keeping it together alone. So maybe you are Grizzly Adams and plan on hiking out into the wooded hinterland? Or maybe you are so tacti-cool that you can fend off looters, gangs or anyone else that threatens you? Even if those two things were remotely possible, what if you needed antibiotics or ran out of them? Would you know who to even begin to try and trade with? What if you did not have a reliable set of contacts on your HAM that you knew would give accurate information? There are thousands of what if's, pick your favorite. Even if you have an established group of 2 or 3 families you may still need help, information or someone to barter with.

For Gods sake people...are you that scared of the boogeyman? Im not trying to start a militia. Or anything crazy that will draw attention to those interested or involved. Has the media really programmed you to be that damn afraid of the government? If they have then I feel for you. But lets face it. Any decent hacker could probably find all of us on this site. We all take a chance to talk to other preppers, even in this pseudo safe environment. If the SHTF I can guarantee you that this site wont be accessible. Making some kind of connection during a crisis would be 100 times more dangerous even if you could access this site. An ounce of prevention.....

Good response. I have to agree with you for the most part. Bottom line, if **it happens,it's going to be a guessing game, or not. Barter for medical knowledge will probably work, but finding that Doctor will be interesting. I'm fortunate to have several thousand acres to bug out to. Getting there is the first problem. It's family land, so sister and brother will be bringing their family. Their inlays are both clueless, skill less, and worthless. A dilemma. Sister and I prep, have a nice stash of small livestock, lead, brass, food, meds, and seed. Others, including brother have nothing. He thinks he's going to Rambo through, so may not have to worry about feeding him.
    Bottom line, there are no promises, and every contact could be your last.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields