Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Amateur Radio Operators - HF Net

Thanks guys. I like using D-Star and Fusion because you can get essentially HF range from 2m or 70cm if you use something like a DV4Mini or a RasPi Hotspot. Yes, I know that requires an internet connection for the backbone, and isn't likely going to work when SHTF, but I still like using it (for now). I live in the midwest, and I talk to guys on the east coast regularly just using my HT either through the local repeater or using my hotspot. I like how reflectors work with D-Star.

As I have an ICOM 7100 rig, I decided to order Icom's AH-740 antenna. Yes, it was crazy expensive, but it is all self-contained, and does not require the use of any sort of antenna tuner. The 7100 controls it directly, and it auto-tunes itself. I am going to mount it on my truck eventually, but for now I will use it at home on a tripod.

If anyone wants to work on a day/time/frequency to try out, let me know.

And the way 75m and 40m have been propagation wise lately D-Star will give you a Much more enjoyable conversation! I may pull the old DVAP out and play d-star again one of these days.

You guys piss me off sometimes. LOL
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Been awhile for this thread. I pulled out the D* DVAP and got operational again on D*, when I'm on , usually monitor reflector 4B.
    We never got any kind of net going here , but one on 40m is starting tomorrow, for another forum I'm on, mostly Texas members, several of us made contact made yesterday about 1pm , band was in fair condition , but had broken again by 3pm.

Iv been on my D* also. Waiting on my new pi3 and battery pack to come in. I also have the DVAP. I stay on 4B also. Were working on getting our own D* repeater and reflector up and going. Were going to call it the PREPPER REFLECTOR. LOL!!!!!
    My website: Desert Rat Preppers...................http://www.desertratpreppers.com/home.htm

Hi Drago, didn't realize you were on this forum also. Im at the ranch this week til Friday when I get back over to Rockport (left my DVAP over there) I will try and monitor 4b more often, very seldom hear anyone on there , you would think it would be busier, but I guess more are using one of the reflectors that gets into Europe. I prefer Texas.
    You have a nice site by the way.

I am active daily on HF, mainly Rag Chewing and DXing. Use to work a lot of digital, but not much lately. Need to get my 40m inverted V back up Friday, but other than that, can do any bands. Can meet to help check someones propagation, or for any type Net attempt. North Central Tennessee.