Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Amateur Radio Operators - HF Net

Quote Originally Posted by Daelith View Post
    I've got the equipment, just not the license. So that's not an issue if things go sideways.
    I can't tell you how often I hear this. Get the license. Learn the skill of operating by practicing.

You wouldn't buy a rifle and never take it to the range.

I have had an extra class license since 1976. I am an HF devote with several HF rigs, mobile and base. One a Collins KWM-2A, which if I can get a couple more weeks to work on it, I can have up and running. My other one is an ICOM 751 with modifications, so it can transmit as well as receive on the general coverage frequencies.

I can send and receive Morse Code somewhat above 13WPM, but I don't get to do that very often.
    "...government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." R. Reagan

General here also. I have a Carolina Windom I plan to get up and on the air this fall/winter when time permits.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Almost 2 yr old Tech here currently studying hard for my General. This would be an awesome idea and I will def be interested in participating as soon as I upgrade. I too have the equipment I just need the tag, I would also be interested in at least listening in to the net until I can flex my thumb and respond and participate.
    I say lets do this!
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Quote Originally Posted by austinrob View Post
    I can't tell you how often I hear this. Get the license. Learn the skill of operating by practicing.

You wouldn't buy a rifle and never take it to the range.
    Inherited the base station from my grandfather and checkout 10m sometimes. Just other priorities right now so I'm not as involved in radio.

Oi, thanks for reminding me I haven't been shooting since NYE, either.

priorities I understand getting in the way.

Now go to the range!! (I'll be at the range late this week, early next week. depends on when my 2 new lowers come in.)

Good to see that some of you are interested. Just got my well put in today and the septic is going in next so as soon as that stuff is done, I will get my antenna in the air and see about getting this started. On another note, what HF rigs do you all use? I am running a sort of poor man's set up with an Alinco DX-SR8T and an Icom 7200. I started with the Alinco and decided I wanted a back up rig and I can't say enough good things about the 7200. As for antennas, I have what every single ham operator probably had at one time in their hobby, the g5rv. I also have a hustler 6BTV vertical and a couple off center dipoles, and some opek mobile hf antennas.

I Com 706 1st generation (no uhf). A Carolina Windom is what I plan to put up. Have a g5rv, a out backer mobile antenna for 6- 80M.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

For HF right now I'm using a Kenwood TS-480HX, also have an Icom 7200( love that radio)as backup, and an FT-857 mounted in the Jeep.
    Using lnr precision end fed 1/2 waves, for 75m,40m,20m and 17m. Diamond HF CL-40 whip for 40m mobile.

Well seems it got quiet again, I am on several forums and this same basic thread has come up on all of them lately. And on every forum people want to get together on the air, but, then it ends. Pick a band, time, freq range , and let's see if we can make contact.