Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MAG Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I think I would scope it out a while and learn their habits. Then if I feel comfort in knowing when they sleep, I would shoot a hog or a deer and clean it and leave the meat on their porch for them to find the next morning. I'd keep doing this until we built up some mutual trust. I think I'd leave a message somehow that I'm willing to help and even go so far as leaving one of my lessor fire arms behind in good faith. I'd even chop some wood and leave it where it can be found easily. Whatever I can do to give them a sense that I'm no threat. We can help each other. Like I said though. It would depend.
    If you could do all that you might as well just walk up there and say hi because they obviously have no clue about security and should realize they need your help.

Why not just try and flag them down from outside their 'kill-zone' with a white flag? Maybe a sign or note of sorts.

Joe - NY

I wouldn't trust a white flag gesture in a SHTF scenerio. That's the oldest trick in the book to get close to prey, and I'm certainly not going to walk into a possible bear trap. I prefer to take my time and build a trust rather than thrust it on someone in a SHTF situation.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    If you could do all that you might as well just walk up there and say hi because they obviously have no clue about security and should realize they need your help.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I did mention a note/ message.

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    Why not just try and flag them down from outside their 'kill-zone' with a white flag? Maybe a sign or note of sorts.

Joe - NY
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I would get so pissed off to find a deer on my porch.

1. cause someone is wasting my deer.

2. Somebody made it to and from my place without me being alerted.

I don't see a good answer here. Go with your gut? Why do you need a MAG anyhow?

My final thoughts are that symboligy for peaceful intentions will are iffy, and everyone had to be on the same page to use them...
    Trust. It's what's for dinner.

I replied in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic Weapon View Post
    I would get so pissed off to find a deer on my porch.

1. cause someone is wasting my deer.i would greatly appreciate the food, and how is it YOUR deer?

2. Somebody made it to and from my place without me being alerted. So, if you were hungry but cautious and someone left you food with a message (note) attached, you wouldn't be grateful for the food and gesture of good faith?

I don't see a good answer here. Go with your gut? I always do, and successfully.Why do you need a MAG anyhow? If you have to ask, then it would be good for you to dig deeper into research. I do understand your point but at the same time, a good, tight, small group would be more of an asset than being a complete loner unless you actually prefer that lifestyle. In that case, I see your point and agree with you only on that point of view of a loner. I've been both at different times in my life. Both can be effective.

My final thoughts are that symboligy for peaceful intentions will are iffy, attitude plays a major roll in this.and everyone had to be on the same page to use them..of course they would. I'm not disputing that at all, but how would you know unless you tried?.

Is it really a gesture of good faith when a stranger attempts to force his/herself into your life? They don't know you. They won't trust you. And you may have already violated any chance of trust by sneaking up to their porch.

I might trust my neighbors. To an extent. But some random person looking for a secluded spot to ride out the SHTF, not a chance.

If the family says "thanks for the meat but not interested in having you around", what then?

No one is forcing anything. Just offering. If they say thanks but no thanks, that's ok too. No forcing. There are more "IF's" in the equation from your point of view.
    We as a country form coalitions with other countries. Are you telling me you wouldn't try to form the same with another person in a situation where people might need each other if and when SHTF happens.

Small town people actually work together in bad situations. If I were in a strange and unfamiliar place, say like Idaho, I wouldn't attempt it. My goal would be to get back to my home area before attempting a coalition. I know the mindset in my area.

That's just what I'm saying. Small town folk do tend to work together. Because they know one another. Like my town, with a population of around 250. But most likely would be pretty unlikely to take in an outsider that just showed up one day.

I certainly wouldn't want or need this stranger's help. I would just assume he/she has an eye on my crops or cattle and is looking for a free ride or a chance to kill me and my family and take it all. The only people I would accept help from are those I have known for a long time that have something to offer in return other than just manpower.

Why a mag?
    Because a single person can't pull guard duty 24/7

And besides I'm bored with the voices in my head.
    They always argue with my imaginary friends
    Cry in training - laugh in battle