Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has a non prepping related hobby?

Default Who has a non prepping related hobby?

I pick locks for fun/relaxation.
    I enjoy making long distance ham radio contacts.
    I relax pressing the effective range of cheap surplus 7.62x54r.

So apparently I'm boring or all prepping related.

When I get a chance and the extra cash, I enjoy a nice run at a craps table. But that's less and less lately.

Anyone?

Id be gardening heavily even if I wasn't into prepping. I have almost as many non prep related plants as I do food plants and herbs. Seems like wife and I don't get a lot of time together doing stuff on our own anymore because of work, between the 2 of us, we work about 90 to 100 hours a week, and gardening has been good for our relationship and its teaching our son where food comes from. We've enjoyed growing more than we can eat (at least in good times since the stores are open) we send lots of fresh veggies to the guy whose front door faces our upper garden terrace so he can take them to the firehouse. We've given away rooted mint cuttings to neighbors via the HOA Facebook page, and made some new friends. We have one of the biggest yards in the neighborhood, and entertain outdoors a lot. The neighbors are always impressed with the garden, and we've been trying to get some of them on board with growing their own food. It's funny, I think some of our neighbors probably think we're hippies, but we're far from it. I also like smoking meat, if I had land and pigs, I'd be making and smoking sausage in large amounts.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

trail running. weather permitting i like to log 20 plus miles a week running. some weeks more some less. i sometimes hike too.

Man I cannot think of a thing that is not preparing related that is a hobby.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Computer gaming. While some would argue First Person Shooters are pseudo combat training I would not agree. Giant waste of time (and so doing it less than I used to) but a fun way to relax.
    When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

After I get my new hip I'll resume golfing...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

I'm a Deer Breeder for fun. Try to breed in superior antlers and smaller body size. A hobby that pays for itself finally. It's been 3 years of time and money. Also bought a few Boer goats, but that would probably be more along the prepare thing.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

I collect military flight gear - helmets, g-suits, and the like
    Good medicine in bad places

I like kicking dead things on a beach and long walks through liquor stores.
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Photography, hiking, playing chess
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13