Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What about just living in an RV?

Default What about just living in an RV?

Actually couldn't this work? You could live in an RV, and you would have storage for all of your equipment and a place to cook and something soft to sleep on.

Obviously in a SHTF scenario people would raid everything, and an RV would be a good thing to raid. Or maybe someone might break in and try to hotwire it to use it for themselves. But couldn't you just park it by a forest somewhere, or maybe even a junk yard to make it kind of "blend in" with the surroundings?

An RV would be good in my opinion, because it is mobile and durable. If it runs out of gas you can always siphon more from abandoned cars or try to suck gas out of the underground fuel lines at a gas station using a bicycle pump (I saw that on a show called "Apocalypse Man" starring Rudy Reyes, it's pretty interesting.) And if you heard someone trying to break in or pick the lock, just start up the engine and drive away fast, or run them over if you're a cold blooded killer.

Post your thoughts, I want to hear them.

Depends how big because if you are bugging out you don't want it to be seen.

If enough thought goes into ,sure it could work, just have to understand its limitations on the vehicle, parkin near a junkyard ,in my opinion wouldnt be a good idea.I frequent junkyards now & wshtf im not the only one that will haunt those kinda places..as for the woods idea ,depending on size of the rv ,you may get stuck & boxed in(deathtrap)..any rv is larger than a van & will be a problem tryin to get down a road if its a parkin lot ..

you'll be lucky to get to your pre-determined BOL with an RV .... going elsewhere with it post SHTF will be like ISIS going thru the desert with big Xs on the convoy .... roads are either going to be blocked or under raider attack .... that's if you have fuel to even move .... siphon gas - you think this is some kind of revelation that nobody will be doing it .... give it a few weeks and every vehicle fuel tank will have a punched drain hole .... gas stations? ...... find one with any gas in the tanks ..... a SHTF isn't BAM and everything stops dead ..... gas stations will continue to sell fuel at $50/gallon even after supply trucks stop .... this isn't some sci fi movie .... you're not stopping by the mall, in your Winnebago and going on a shopping spree, while dodging zombies
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 12-06-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    you'll be lucky to get to your pre-determined BOL with an RV .... going elsewhere with it post SHTF will be like ISIS going thru the desert with big Xs on the convoy .... roads are either going to be blocked or under raider attack .... that's if you have fuel to even move .... siphon gas - you think this is some kind of revelation that nobody will be doing it .... give it a few weeks and every vehicle fuel tank will have a punched drain hole .... gas stations? ...... find one with any gas in the tanks ..... a SHTF isn't BAM and everything stops dead ..... gas stations will continue to sell fuel at $50/gallon even after supply trucks stop .... this isn't some sci fi movie .... you're not stopping by the mall, in your Winnebago and going on a shopping spree, while dodging zombies
    You've shattered my illusions of shtf man! I was hoping the mall would be left virtually untouched when the zombies came, and I'd be able to raid the bath and body works for smelly candles and moisturizers. Also, I was hoping I'd be able to hit the Victoria's secret and do a little sniffin around. Lol
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

LeechHax, you have a lot to learn. The problem is you come up with these grandiose ideas without any practical knowledge. You have a very linear view of SHTF and how you would respond. Instead of wasting time on devising a BOV and/or BOL study modern disasters and the way people react. History is a wonderful teacher, especially when it comes to how people respond. Prepping is a thinking man's game. You need to focus on what you can do and not concepts like hiding in a billboard or finding and stealing an RV. You should not use shows like Doomsday Preppers that showcase extremist as a guide on how to be innovative. At this time I think you should be more elementary in your thinking and just focus on living off your BOB and evacuation plan.

Quote Originally Posted by wnn View Post
    I frequent junkyards now.
    You mean you live in one, right?
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Keep it up fuc*boy.lol

Lmao
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

L'dMAO too!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!