Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: What about just living in an RV?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Thre is no way that a person, a being, can exist without leaving sign. You will be seen, you can be tracked, and there is no invisibility potion at the end of the rainbow.
    Trust. It's what's for dinner.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    6,913

    Default

    All joking aside why not an RV? it would just take planning. Get into some good covered area, dig out a gradual sloped trench of some sort and drive down into it. make it wide enough to get along both sides comfortably. And cover top with some good camo netting and foliage. You could still move if need be by driving off and setting up some where else...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archaic Weapon View Post
    Thre is no way that a person, a being, can exist without leaving sign. You will be seen, you can be tracked, and there is no invisibility potion at the end of the rainbow.
    Yeah and what are you planning on doing, smart one? You can be tracked just as easily. It all depends on where you are.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    All joking aside why not an RV? it would just take planning. Get into some good covered area, dig out a gradual sloped trench of some sort and drive down into it. make it wide enough to get along both sides comfortably. And cover top with some good camo netting and foliage. You could still move if need be by driving off and setting up some where else...
    Yes, yesss.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    All joking aside why not an RV? it would just take planning. Get into some good covered area, dig out a gradual sloped trench of some sort and drive down into it. make it wide enough to get along both sides comfortably. And cover top with some good camo netting and foliage. You could still move if need be by driving off and setting up some where else...
    First off, you'd need property that could accommodate a large hole. The slope couldn't be too steep or it wouldn't be able to pull out and you'd be living on a slope. Plus if it rained you'd be stuck in mud. Even with a couple of inches of gravel on the ground the lack of drainage would be detrimental.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brien View Post
    LeechHax, you have a lot to learn. The problem is you come up with these grandiose ideas without any practical knowledge. You have a very linear view of SHTF and how you would respond. Instead of wasting time on devising a BOV and/or BOL study modern disasters and the way people react. History is a wonderful teacher, especially when it comes to how people respond. Prepping is a thinking man's game. You need to focus on what you can do and not concepts like hiding in a billboard or finding and stealing an RV. You should not use shows like Doomsday Preppers that showcase extremist as a guide on how to be innovative. At this time I think you should be more elementary in your thinking and just focus on living off your BOB and evacuation plan.
    Living off my BOB, hah! That's funny... Yeah you can survive off your BOB, but you can't live off of it. There's a fine line between surviving and living. I'd rather live in a place of comfort LIKE an RV or some enclosed area... Alsooo, since you think you're smart, what are your plans when SHTF happens? Where are you going to take shelter?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sitting on my fat ass
    Posts
    9,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeechHax View Post
    Living off my BOB, hah! That's funny... Yeah you can survive off your BOB, but you can't live off of it. There's a fine line between surviving and living. I'd rather live in a place of comfort LIKE an RV or some enclosed area... Alsooo, since you think you're smart, what are your plans when SHTF happens? Where are you going to take shelter?
    So will every other person sees it


    Take a chill pill or I will administer one
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    I can BUILD a shelter . I carry kit with me to do that, and I can make one from what I find in the area.

    The short answer? I plan on being found.
    Trust. It's what's for dinner.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    I can LIVE off of what I can carry in my pockets.
    Trust. It's what's for dinner.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    6,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post


    Take a chill pill or I will administer one
    You have got to make this your sigline!!!!LOL
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •