Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Random thoughts thread?

When Trump was campaigning, he had secret service look out for him instead of paying out of pocket for his own security. This is another guise at charging tax payers for something candidates should be capable of themselves.

Then also how much does it cost to secure Trump tower now vs the security the place had before.

I understand he's gotten more threats since becoming elect, but it's bs the people pay and get nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    When Trump was campaigning, he had secret service look out for him instead of paying out of pocket for his own security. This is another guise at charging tax payers for something candidates should be capable of themselves.

Then also how much does it cost to secure Trump tower now vs the security the place had before.

I understand he's gotten more threats since becoming elect, but it's bs the people pay and get nothing in return.
    I agree Al, all candidates should have to pay for SS protection, however , once elected, SS should be paid with taxpayer money .

Not to protect Trump tower.

There's all kinds of military camps and safe houses around the country that they can secure people without incurring additional cost. This is we don't wanna go along but cost the pepole more.

Can't argue with you there .

Alrighty then......
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Trump Tower security isn't being paid for by the tax payers as an additional SS. Tax payers pay SS when Trump in at the Tower but Trump has his own security to protect the tower when he is not there.
    Also, http://www.readingeagle.com/news/art...-spending-bill

We elected him our president so we have hired him. Paying for his secret service security comes with the job the tax payers hired him to be our voice.

And you might be interested in this spending of tax payers money. Why is it called free?

http://www.gofreegovernmentmoney.com...FUtNfgodPR4OOA
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I agree Al, all candidates should have to pay for SS protection, however , once elected, SS should be paid with taxpayer money .
    Not sure I would like the optics of a candidate pulling up in a Bradley or an up armored Hum Vee... Not to mention having a bunch of Blackwater type operators securing the candidate...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by HatetosayItoldyouso... View Post
    Not sure I would like the optics of a candidate pulling up in a Bradley or an up armored Hum Vee... Not to mention having a bunch of Blackwater type operators securing the candidate...
    That's my view as well, plus it's all about the money for them so..........highest bidder wins........
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by HatetosayItoldyouso... View Post
    So if an independent candidate used their own private military somehow that's frowned upon? What if that private military was thousands of American vets not securing a candidate but the Constitution?

Happy Bday Lil lady

Best Wishes!