Thread: 300,000 evacuate Cyclone India

Default 300,000 evacuate Cyclone India

To contribute to the latest natural disaster and I told you so crowd:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/weathe...dia/ar-BB8TrJd

(Article):

NEW DELHI — A powerful cyclone crashed against the eastern coast of India close to noon on Sunday, uprooting trees, lashing the area with heavy rain and wind, and disrupting power and communication lines.

Close to 300,000 people were evacuated from their homes in parts of the states of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh as of Sunday evening, according to disaster and relief officials in each state. One of the worst-hit regions was the coast of Andhra Pradesh, where more than 130,000 people were evacuated starting on Saturday in preparation for the storm, and where the 15-mile eye of the storm passed on Sunday afternoon. The storm, which is called Cyclone Hudhud, hit the southern port city of Visakhapatnam, where there is a major naval base.

“There is huge damage,” said N. Chandrababu Naidu, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, in a telephone interview with the Indian news channel NDTV. “Even to buildings, trees and also crops. Communication has totally collapsed.”

The Japanese island of Okinawa was also hit by a powerful typhoon, Vongfong, on Sunday. The typhoon was expected by Monday to fully reach the island of Kyushu, Japan, becoming the second severe storm to hit in a week, according to The Associated Press. At least 35 people were reported injured in Okinawa and Kyushu, where the authorities told 150,000 people to evacuate as the typhoon toppled trees, flooded streets and cut power to more than 60,000 homes. The Japan Meteorological Agency said the typhoon could reach the Tokyo area Tuesday, gradually losing strength as it moves up the archipelago.

In India, officials with the Indian Meteorological Department said to NDTV that the winds from the cyclone were about 121 miles per hour, earning a “very severe” cyclone designation, but that within six hours, the winds would diminish by half, reducing it to a cyclone. Six hours after that, officials said, winds would further weaken by half, making it a “depression” by midnight.
    Last edited by VoorTrekker; 10-12-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

Stir them rads.

Well, shia. I thought you were going to say we...The Top Brass had offered them a free ride and meal ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by VoorTrekker View Post
    300,000 evacuate Cyclone India.
    Um Yeah.... Who cares it's India! LOL
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Cyclones are on the Pacific, we could get one on the west coast. Major natural disasters happening around the world should at least be a momentary concern.
    We were affected by the Haiti earthquake, the Indonesian earthquake/tsunami, Fukushima earthquake/tsunami, Katrina, so yeah, our Prez pledges money when it happens. Real concern.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

Quote Originally Posted by VoorTrekker View Post
    Cyclones are on the Pacific, we could get one on the west coast. Major natural disasters happening around the world should at least be a momentary concern.
    Oh don't get me wrong Voor, Iam very concerned about natural disasters that could possibly affect the U.S. I just don't care about India.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong Voor, Iam very concerned about natural disasters that could possibly affect the U.S. I just don't care about India.
    This will effect the U.S. you might not be able to call customer support now.........

Damn 3Som, I was thinking the same thing. LOL