Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Roads are melting in Yellowstone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,598

    Default Roads are melting in Yellowstone

    As volcanic activity increases, roads are starting to melt in Yellowstone.

    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...711-story.html
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    But, he added, the liquefying of pavement that is now occurring is extreme and unusual.

    “But it’s hard to tell if a thermal area is hotter than normal, because it’s always fluctuating here,” Hottle said. “Road closures are business as usual for us.”

    So when you hear the main stream media say that closing of roads is normal, well, that's true. The melting of pavement that is causing the roads to close though is extreme and unusual.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Well, that's something you don't hear everyday......

    Joe - NY

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    Well, that's something you don't hear everyday......

    Joe - NY
    Unless you live in Texas, everything melts here. Dallas is the home of the 30 years asphalt roof that last 7-10 years. Lol
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,052

    Default

    its not hard to tell if the surface temp goes up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sitting on my fat ass
    Posts
    9,927

    Default Roads are melting in Yellowstone

    Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Unless you live in Texas, everything melts here. Dallas is the home of the 30 years asphalt roof that last 7-10 years. Lol
    Thats cuz dallas is the devil bobby bouch'e
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Thats cuz dallas is the devil bobby bouch'e

    Well we certainly don't play none of that evil fooz-ball, look at the cowboys.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN mainly, on the road alot.
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    They say that place has been offgassing large quantities of helium4 couple months ago.

    Why not stack the deck against us, throw a supervolcano into the mix. Plate tectonics may go faster than previously thought, hell we may witness it over the next years.

    Everything is instable these days.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    They say that place has been offgassing large quantities of helium4 couple months ago.

    Why not stack the deck against us, throw a supervolcano into the mix. Plate tectonics may go faster than previously thought, hell we may witness it over the next years.

    Everything is instable these days.
    I can accept the earth throwing us curve balls, or even taking us out, its the politicians doing the same thing slowly that pisses me off.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Walpole, NH
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    I can accept the earth throwing us curve balls, or even taking us out, its the politicians doing the same thing slowly that pisses me off.
    Amen to that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •