Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Wildfires

Default California Wildfires

Surprised no one on here is talking about this.

It does not directly affect me living in NY, but the MSM is covering it and as a result I picked up one interview that struck me right in the gut.

The person was talking about how it appears that this latest episode appears to be a deliberate, malicious act and that the new outbreaks seem to be hopping geographic areas and popping up in areas that were previously considered safe and secure. My though was how low-tech and easy it would be for a terrorist to use that drought and this means to inflict significant damage.....not good.

Joe - NY

Joe, I totally agree. I've often thought wild fires would be an easy soft target for a terrorist. Perhaps Allah is afraid of fire.

I just don't know how you would defend against such a threat, not sure that is a defense per se.

I was originally thinking about this in relation to the electrical grid and how vulnerable it is with just a handful of sub-stations being the lynchpin, but then rationalized that it would be beyond the scope of most of these lone wolves, mickey mouse would be terrorist, but playing with matches, well really any idiot could do that……wouldn’t be nationwide, but perhaps a large portion of a state maybe.

Joe - NY

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    I just don't know how you would defend against such a threat, not sure that is a defense per se.

I was originally thinking about this in relation to the electrical grid and how vulnerable it is with just a handful of sub-stations being the lynchpin, but then rationalized that it would be beyond the scope of most of these lone wolves, mickey mouse would be terrorist, but playing with matches, well really any idiot could do that……wouldn’t be nationwide, but perhaps a large portion of a state maybe.

Joe - NY
    Problem is when you have big fires like this they pull a lot of resources from other parts of the country to help. A group of people deliberately setting them with the intention to strain resources could very quickly overwhelm our ability to fight them: particularly with multiple regions affected. 4000 acre blazes going unchecked is a scary possibility.

These fires are the product of forrest management policies by the Feds and the state government there. You rarely heard about these fires before then because there weren't many. The main reason for this was when the BLM was created they worked with California to get the ranchers out of public lands. Prior to 1980 most of the land was grazed by ranchers who kept the brush cleared. When the BLM kicked them off of the public land there wasent any available water sources for the cattle and sheep to drink and the ranching business turned to fixed, in place dairys. Then the fires started. But the fires generated so much fear and therefor tax revenue and political power that it is one of the third rails in California politics. The annual firefighting budget California wide makes most states, and many countries budgets pale in comparison

Could it be that we are wobbling, 20-40degrees, north pole dipping south towards russia, causing a strain on the crust, not to mention hydrostatic pressure wearing away our coast in the gulf as it wants to come north.

If the current weather cycle continues, it could be a indicator.

Could be exponential.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    These fires are the product of forrest management policies by the Feds and the state government there. You rarely heard about these fires before then because there weren't many. The main reason for this was when the BLM was created they worked with California to get the ranchers out of public lands. Prior to 1980 most of the land was grazed by ranchers who kept the brush cleared. When the BLM kicked them off of the public land there wasent any available water sources for the cattle and sheep to drink and the ranching business turned to fixed, in place dairys. Then the fires started. But the fires generated so much fear and therefor tax revenue and political power that it is one of the third rails in California politics. The annual firefighting budget California wide makes most states, and many countries budgets pale in comparison
    I thought it was because of the massive draught they are currently in.

Joe - NY

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    Could it be that we are wobbling, 20-40degrees, north pole dipping south towards russia, causing a strain on the crust, not to mention hydrostatic pressure wearing away our coast in the gulf as it wants to come north.

If the current weather cycle continues, it could be a indicator.

Could be exponential.
    I dunno, but if they put too many fire trucks in one spot America might tip over... Lol

I just read somewhere that at least several of the fires are arson. The greenies are as likely to be the culprit as al Qaeda in CA. Didn't some jackass say we only have several hundred days to avoid a climate catastrophe the other day?
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Meh..... As far as I'm concerned Crazifornia can burned to the ground!! That state is in Financial Disarray due to piss poor decisions. They've cut back on damn near everything due to lack of $$$$$. Its time they reap what they've sewn!!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!