Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time for a new bag

Default Time for a new bag

It's time for a new pack. I've been looking at Maxpedition but would like to know your opinions. Any others I should look at?

For what purpose?
    Stupid should hurt- bad

Size and use would be a good idea, but since I don't have that, I'd say maxpedition is good, I've got one that I love. Anther would be eberlestock. They've got some sweet packs, be sure you try one one first, I found that the one I wanted for a long time didn't fit me in the waist belt area (rode too high) eberlestock is pricey, but really cool.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

It will be my EDC bag. I'd like a medium to large size.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Size and use would be a good idea, but since I don't have that, I'd say maxpedition is good, I've got one that I love. Anther would be eberlestock. They've got some sweet packs, be sure you try one one first, I found that the one I wanted for a long time didn't fit me in the waist belt area (rode too high) eberlestock is pricey, but really cool.
    I like the eberlestock line of bags. Don't have my own yet but checked out a buddies and they are nice. Very well made.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

I use Maxpedition for my EDC bags... I use a quality hikers backpack for my GHB/BOB...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Stay with Maxpedition! I do. Try looking at the Gearslinger ambi models. I have the Remora, but its smaller, they have two larger models that should fit the bill
    Stupid should hurt- bad

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the Kodiak thinking it may fit my needs. My concerns was to only make this purchase once and to get quality.

Been using a specops brand 3day assault pack for many years in acu. Its survived combat, never ending road trips across the country n pits chewn on it. Remains somewhat servicable. $99frns when new.

A bit heavy for some maybe. Not a fan of acu for anything tactical, it reminds me of digital confederate grey. Yall seen the new storm trooper vertex, hehe!

Been rockn the atac au n lovn it. It has more green in it than the pics. The FG, isnt.

511 has a new grey been lookn at might b called storm.

Worth your while: http://www.rei.com/outlet/c/hiking-backpacks

I would have suggested a Marmot model I travel with 18wks a year, but REI is sold out of it now. I have had Maxpedition and a few other of those over-built, expensive branded packs. I still have a Versipack. Honestly, for civilian life, I don't see the point in carrying around 1000 denier stuff. It's heavy and needlessly overbuilt... and carries a premium price. My Marmot is 600 denier and does just fine. My Osprey is 200 ripstop and it's been on my back for 5 treks up 14K foot mountains and still is in one piece.

I don't think the "tacti-cool" stuff has much value.