Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers/Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    just Goggle map "DoomsDay Castle" ... supposedly the exact map location comes up .....
    Huh. Thanks I'll give it a try. I Googled the living crap out of to try and find the location, but no joy. I'll give her another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffS View Post
    I guess I've just lost interest in Doomsday Castle. I really tried to like it, but between the oldest son and the staged drama, I just couldn't get into it. Even the decent looking daughters couldn't save it for me.

I'm still hanging in with Doomsday Preppers for now. This week had Dog man vs. Bird flu pandemic lady vs. Sweetheart of the mountain. I did like the mountain setup with retractable stairs and all, but the design elements were the only good thing about the segment. Did anyone else find it rather disturbing that Dog man had his dogs fitted with titanium teeth?
    I watched that DP episode too. Yeah, I kinda find all of these cast members distrubing in one form or another, but yet the teeth thing with the pups was a little over the top. On a side note, there is big, big money in the real-deal personal protection guard dogs. I resereached it once for my family and they run like $20k.

Joe-NY

They may have said and I just missed it, but I wondered if he was raising those dogs to sell or just having them for himself. He'd have to be independently wealthy just to afford the food bill for that pack.

This years lineup seems to be bigger pile of crazies. There's a few with some good setups and the rare segment with what seems like genuine folks, but I really think that they've run out of regular nuts and now have only the mega nuts to show.
    Paranoia is merely a heightened state of awareness.

Fortune favors the prepared mind. -- Louis Pasteur

Illini Warrior, you were right. I just went to Google Maps and put in doomsday castle, and up it came. Later my wife went to check it out, and it even had the Street View option available. We checked out the whole area, and it definitely is remote, but certainly not far enough removed from The Golden Hordes if SHTF. Hell it's literally 32 miles from my house to the castle. Not that I have any need to go there, unless maybe the youngest daughter needs a breeder male to help continue the species. LOL.

"The 41 year old son is a recovering addict, who is "drying out" at the castle, so now I understand more of why he's a dick that's begging for Daddy to notice him."

Done with the show till he's off

he's a douchebag, and now that I know he's a junkie it all makes sense.

The other kids, esp the oldest daughter seem on. I kinda wanna shoot the junkie. He's a self centered twit as best I can tell with the editing. SHTF he's a liability at best and a HUGE risk at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by X-cop View Post
    "The 41 year old son is a recovering addict, who is "drying out" at the castle, so now I understand more of why he's a dick that's begging for Daddy to notice him."

Done with the show till he's off

he's a douchebag, and now that I know he's a junkie it all makes sense.

The other kids, esp the oldest daughter seem on. I kinda wanna shoot the junkie. He's a self centered twit as best I can tell with the editing. SHTF he's a liability at best and a HUGE risk at worst.

both girls have criminal records .... from their booking photos it looks like the make-up artist was late getting there ..... charges aren't that serious - looks like credit card "misuse" and retail theft .... supposedly the younger son has a record of some kind ..... been reported that even the father isn't totally innocent ....

Is "Doomsday Preppers" over? All I see listed now is this idiot Doomsday Castle thing and I refuse to watch it. The Preppers thing was marginal but I really don't give a fart in a windstorm about this Castle show.......

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Is "Doomsday Preppers" over? All I see listed now is this idiot Doomsday Castle thing and I refuse to watch it. The Preppers thing was marginal but I really don't give a fart in a windstorm about this Castle show.......
    Doomsday Preppers is still on as far as I know. The new season mat be over though, I'm not sure. I had set up my DVR last year to record new episodes, and I forgot all about it. The other day I got a warning that my DVR space was limited, and that I needed to delete some stuff. Went to clear it out, and there was the whole new season of Preppers. I'm new enough to this crap, that I had no idea that once you set it up, that crap keeps recording no matter what year/season it is. LOL.

Yeah I'm with you X-cop. The oldest son is a bit of a liability. (understatement)

If you are looking for the Doomsday Castle's "secret" location, it's pretty easy to find. Just fire up Google Earth and go to:

34 58' 41.40"N
    82 43' 37.80"W

And thar she blows.

On a flood plain over a seismic fault Calif.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    ...I'm new enough to this crap, that I had no idea that once you set it up, that crap keeps recording no matter what year/season it is...
    For shows you really want, which will also get past episodes recorded, make sure to expand the number of episodes stored, default is 5, I set them for ten or disk full.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."