Thread: LDS Canneries closing (East of Mississippi)

Default LDS Canneries closing (East of Mississippi)

Heard this first on another forum.
    Then confirmed it with my sister who is long time LDS and serious prepper.
    She did not know about it, but checked with their cannery and it is true

Rather lengthy article which you should read because of the implications, but bottom line is after June 30 LDS canneries east of Mississippi will close.

http://www.preparednesspro.com/break...ss+Pro+Blog%29

Nice. It's sad to see a private, community service project get screwed out of helping people. But, I'm not terribly surprised. When you can be warned not to feed homeless people in your community, or they destroy a ton of deer, and pork sausage because it isn't "approved" food, you have to know its coming.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

When the LDS would can on the wet pack side they not only provided help to their members through the bishop's store they made sure to share with the local community. Much of what they canned was grown on LDS farms. If you were a church member asking for help you may be asked to help on the farms or help can the finished goods. I know if I was out of work and needed help I would feel much better about myself knowing I helped others and provided services for the charity I was receiving.

Another example of big Gov killing individualism and great charity work.
    A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Starship Troopers
    Armageddon was yesterday-Today we have a serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by samurai64 View Post
    When the LDS would can on the wet pack side they not only provided help to their members through the bishop's store they made sure to share with the local community. Much of what they canned was grown on LDS farms. If you were a church member asking for help you may be asked to help on the farms or help can the finished goods. I know if I was out of work and needed help I would feel much better about myself knowing I helped others and provided services for the charity I was receiving.

Another example of big Gov killing individualism and great charity work.
    Bingo. That's the plan, get rid of anyone but nanny that might help you succeed, and thrive.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Unfortunately, it became obvious to me that this kind of mess doesn't stop here. Several of the personal interviewees made it clear to me that they feel like there's an active intent by these government entities to shut down ALL LDS canneries ALL over the U.S. Including a target on the ability to purchase foods in bulk, and that there seemed to be a targeted time table by the government entities to have this accomplished at the end of the next two years.
    I have experienced some of this first hand. My suppliers of bulk, Yellow Dent corn have just about dried up. Any of them who can get me any at all, have prices that are astronomical. It used to be easy to get 50# bags to repackage. (If you have any suppliers of bulk grains, beans, and food, I am looking for names)

You don't have to have a tin-foil hat to see the writing on the wall on this one. The government does NOT want anyone prepared beyond the 72 hour kit they advertise. The prepared are survivors. The unprepared are victims, refugees, and dependents. The latter being far easier to control.

GR8
    Last edited by GR82BPREPD; 05-06-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    “The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by GR82BPREPD View Post
    I have experienced some of this first hand. My suppliers of bulk, Yellow Dent corn have just about dried up. Any of them who can get me any at all, have prices that are astronomical. It used to be easy to get 50# bags to repackage. (If you have any suppliers of bulk grains, beans, and food, I am looking for names)

You don't have to have a tin-foil hat to see the writing on the wall on this one. The government does NOT want anyone prepared beyond the 72 hour kit they advertise. The prepared are survivors. The unprepared are victims, refugees, and dependents. The latter being far easier to control.

GR8
    Do you already have enough Heirloom seed corn ?
    Ain't dictatorships grand ? The Emperor has no clothes !!!

@B&C
    I am constantly rotating my stores. I eat what is in front, move back to front, and replace what was in back. I think we are good on Heirloom seed. I am looking for bulk grains and beans.

To keep the thread on track, here is a site of x-Mormons. Their comments are what was getting most of my attention.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,885233

GR8
    Last edited by GR82BPREPD; 05-06-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    “The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

WOW! Scary! Just when you though you had heard it all coming out of the big N.Y.C........now this! And it spreads......

Joe-NY

Quote Originally Posted by GR82BPREPD View Post
    @B&C
    I am constantly rotating my stores. I eat what is in front, move back to front, and replace what was in back. I think we are good on Heirloom seed. I am looking for bulk grains and beans.

GR8
    I get my spices from BulkFoods.com, they also have beans, maybe grains
    If you look, please let me know how they compare on prices
    Ain't dictatorships grand ? The Emperor has no clothes !!!