Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.... What have you added to your prepping items this week....???

Default 2013.... What have you added to your prepping items this week....???

I just picked up my first and second 10/22. A Take Down model and a Boy Scouts commemorative. Now if I can only find BX-25 magazines at a reasonable price...

What have you added?
    Last edited by dfassbendersr; 01-06-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: gramar

I recently took a trauma medical class, and I have a box of trauma supplies here by my desk that I'm filling up as items arrive.

Various pressure bandages, hemostatic agents (like Quik Clot & Celox), tourniquets and stuff like that. I want to have a kit of items that I could find useful in a stabbing/gun shot event in each vehicle as well as in each of our Go Bags.

ETA: I forgot... yesterday I ordered a Dale Fricke Kydex Archangel AIWB holster and a horizontal mag holder. They're just not here yet! Quality products from Dale if you're in the market for Kydex items.
    http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/products.htm
    Last edited by captbob; 01-06-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Brain Fart

First purchases of the year....

EAA Windicator .357 mag.
    Rock Island 1911 compact .45

We took our UT/FL CCW class and need to send in our applications.
    The difference between stupidity and ignorance is that ignorance is a choice.

Getting BOB's set up for all in the family. For first aid, I got Trauma bags for all. As a former certified EMT-A, there is more stuff than I was supposed to use, but I figure that if I did need it, then screw the certification.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Fantastic thread! Well, i just got a brand new 2-door rocket stove and would like to get outside and try er out, but will have to wait.
    Also got a solar oven and a pair of new Bushnell binoculors so I can see what i probably would rather not see.
    My wife is a thrift store expert and she's always coming home with candles and all sorts of useful items. I'm very proud of her!
    I used a wallmart gift card and bought nearly every box of 12 ga they had. i do love my shotguns. Though I have recently begun the prepping process i think I'm making some good progress. Belong to a couple of big box stores helps too.

Various medical kit stuff: A chinook medical CLS bag (empty) that I will fill with my med supplies I currently have in a backpack. This will be carried by out MAG designated medic.
    Matched upper and lower from Allstar Tactical for my next AR build that will include a 10.5 barrel and a suppressor.
    1000 rounds 5.56 from Blackgun industries. Re manufactured 5.56 for $239 for 500. At the crazy prices currently out there, this is a great deal. Their ammo is great, even the remanu stuff. Never had any issues.
    An Eberlestock Gunslinger pack. Really awesome bags for carrying an AR/AK or even a bolt gun. I threw a shotgun scabbard on it, so I can take my Primary and backup/buddy gun in my pack that I can grab and go at a moments notice.

Yugo ak47 underfolder
    5 ak mags
    5 Ar mags
    1/2 torque wrench
    building up my food /h2o stock pile
    some silver
    I lead a weekend men's group. We specialize in ritual killings."

I bought a state of the art assault weapon(least 5 years from now it will be) a Wham-O wrist rocket and a bag of ball bearings.

Canned about 20 pounds of ground venison this weekend...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. - Erasmus circa 1510

Ordered this stuff in mid December. Finally took delivery of it today.

5 AR mags
    5 1911 mags
    5 Savage .223 mags

I didn't think I'd see the AR or Savage mags anytime soon. So....a little kudos to CTD for getting them to me.
    The difference between stupidity and ignorance is that ignorance is a choice.