Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.... What have you added to your prepping items this week....???

Default 2013.... What have you added to your prepping items this week....???

I just picked up my first and second 10/22. A Take Down model and a Boy Scouts commemorative. Now if I can only find BX-25 magazines at a reasonable price...

What have you added?
    Last edited by dfassbendersr; 01-06-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: gramar

I recently took a trauma medical class, and I have a box of trauma supplies here by my desk that I'm filling up as items arrive.

Various pressure bandages, hemostatic agents (like Quik Clot & Celox), tourniquets and stuff like that. I want to have a kit of items that I could find useful in a stabbing/gun shot event in each vehicle as well as in each of our Go Bags.

ETA: I forgot... yesterday I ordered a Dale Fricke Kydex Archangel AIWB holster and a horizontal mag holder. They're just not here yet! Quality products from Dale if you're in the market for Kydex items.
    http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/products.htm
    Last edited by captbob; 01-06-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Brain Fart

First purchases of the year....

EAA Windicator .357 mag.
    Rock Island 1911 compact .45

We took our UT/FL CCW class and need to send in our applications.
    The difference between stupidity and ignorance is that ignorance is a choice.

Getting BOB's set up for all in the family. For first aid, I got Trauma bags for all. As a former certified EMT-A, there is more stuff than I was supposed to use, but I figure that if I did need it, then screw the certification.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Fantastic thread! Well, i just got a brand new 2-door rocket stove and would like to get outside and try er out, but will have to wait.
    Also got a solar oven and a pair of new Bushnell binoculors so I can see what i probably would rather not see.
    My wife is a thrift store expert and she's always coming home with candles and all sorts of useful items. I'm very proud of her!
    I used a wallmart gift card and bought nearly every box of 12 ga they had. i do love my shotguns. Though I have recently begun the prepping process i think I'm making some good progress. Belong to a couple of big box stores helps too.

Various medical kit stuff: A chinook medical CLS bag (empty) that I will fill with my med supplies I currently have in a backpack. This will be carried by out MAG designated medic.
    Matched upper and lower from Allstar Tactical for my next AR build that will include a 10.5 barrel and a suppressor.
    1000 rounds 5.56 from Blackgun industries. Re manufactured 5.56 for $239 for 500. At the crazy prices currently out there, this is a great deal. Their ammo is great, even the remanu stuff. Never had any issues.
    An Eberlestock Gunslinger pack. Really awesome bags for carrying an AR/AK or even a bolt gun. I threw a shotgun scabbard on it, so I can take my Primary and backup/buddy gun in my pack that I can grab and go at a moments notice.

Yugo ak47 underfolder
    5 ak mags
    5 Ar mags
    1/2 torque wrench
    building up my food /h2o stock pile
    some silver
    I lead a weekend men's group. We specialize in ritual killings."

I bought a state of the art assault weapon(least 5 years from now it will be) a Wham-O wrist rocket and a bag of ball bearings.

Canned about 20 pounds of ground venison this weekend...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. - Erasmus circa 1510

Ordered this stuff in mid December. Finally took delivery of it today.

5 AR mags
    5 1911 mags
    5 Savage .223 mags

I didn't think I'd see the AR or Savage mags anytime soon. So....a little kudos to CTD for getting them to me.
    The difference between stupidity and ignorance is that ignorance is a choice.