Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Family Survival Guide-is it any good??????

Default The Family Survival Guide-is it any good??????

OK, I have a question for the people here with experience, which I don't really have very much of yet.
    I went to the COAST-TO-COASTAM website and on the upper right side of the front page there was an advertisement for this "Family Survival Guide" being sold for $39.00. IT was one of those simple videos featuring, basically, a soundtrack and written words that basically just follow the audio.
    One thing that did cause me to look askance was when the voice refered to "martial" law the video spelled is marshal law, as in "Marshall Dillon," so obviously the guys behind the graphics will not get an A+ in English.
    If you go to the website (C-to-C) this advert is on the right side and show a photo of a man sitting in a chair holding a shotgun with "looters will be shot" written on a wall behind him.

My question to you is is this, as I suspect, a scam or is this a real resource that provides real useful information? $39 is not a big risk for me money wise but I would rather not risk it before I get some feedback here...maybe one of you guys will know something I need to be warned of first.
    I appreciate any comments.

I think you answered your own question .....

Yea..... I was afraid I'd get that as an answer ........... oh well. Live & learn.

http://www.carlaemery.com/
    check out this book, it is a classic and is packed with info. Buy a used one or new one, everyone should have a hardcopy.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Buy !00# of rice....
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    One thing that did cause me to look askance was when the voice refered to "martial" law the video spelled is marshal law, as in "Marshall Dillon," so obviously the guys behind the graphics will not get an A+ in English.
    Anyone who doesn't understand the distinction between "marshall" and "martial" is not someone with whom I would do business but that's just me.
    “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

gues my roadtrippng is over. home in east texas where i think i will MAKE a home.

My thought exactly on the spelling error.

Yeah. I will be saving my $39.00 for something worthwhile -- and which is spelled correctly.

gues my roadtrippng is over. home in east texas where i think i will MAKE a home.

goes a little beyond just a simple spelling error i think.

misspelling that particular word suggests that the very concept is not understood.

Quote Originally Posted by ogun View Post
    goes a little beyond just a simple spelling error i think.

misspelling that particular word suggests that the very concept is not understood.
    That is a very good point.