Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 55 Gallon Drum for Gasoline

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,947

    Default 55 Gallon Drum for Gasoline

    I need to buy a 55 gallon drum for gasoline storage. My question is ‘lined’ or ‘unlined’?

    $87.00

    http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...Top-Steel-Drum

    $105

    http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...Top-Steel-Drum

    Thanks
    Joe-NY

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    403

    Default

    wouldn't buy new + pay for the shipping .... old petro drums are a drudge on the market .... have you checked around on CraidsList?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    It's just easier for me to go with new.

    Joe-NY

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Check with a local fuel supplier. It has been a while since I was there, but here in Vegas the place sold oils and fuels by the drum, for various uses/reasons. I know they were selling racing fuel by the drum for racers and off roaders. They might sell and empty, maybe you can get one filled up, or at least they might explain which is best.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washigton
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    The last time that i bought fuel drums was from a local dealer there was a price break at 10 barrels. think i paid 65.00 each.
    75TH
    Semper Extrema --Numquam in Meddia

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cookeville, TN
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    I gets em for free from my pops work, just gotta wash out all the chems that WERE in them...
    "The only thing needed for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    403

    Default

    around by me they are equal to scrap price .... $15 to $20 each .... probably free if I bought the fuel from the barrel seller

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Ahhhh, I love all these insightful responses to questions not asked....LOL. I'll call Uline, see what they have to say about it.

    Thanks anway guys.

    Joe-NY

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    I need to buy a 55 gallon drum for gasoline storage. My question is ‘lined’ or ‘unlined’?

    $87.00

    http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...Top-Steel-Drum

    $105

    http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...Top-Steel-Drum

    Thanks
    Joe-NY
    Quote Originally Posted by INresponse View Post
    Check with a local fuel supplier. It has been a while since I was there, but here in Vegas the place sold oils and fuels by the drum, for various uses/reasons. I know they were selling racing fuel by the drum for racers and off roaders. They might sell and empty, maybe you can get one filled up, or at least they might explain which is best.
    I thought there was a reason you didn't want to ask the seller.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INresponse View Post
    I thought there was a reason you didn't want to ask the seller.
    The local fuel seller of fuel or Uline? No, not especially. I just thought Uline might not be the most reliable source of such information. As far as a local fuel supplier, I have yet to find one, although I have not looked very hard yet.

    Joe-NY

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •