Thread: Get a ferro rod!!!

Default Get a ferro rod!!!

When it comes to prepping I am cheap. I was looking for a way to start numerous fires and it be very cheap and easy to use. I have found a seller on eBay that sells fire steels. They are shipped from China, but Im telling you for he price they are amazing. Mine works great. I know everyone knows what a fire steel is, but I wanted everyone to know how cheap and effective they can be. Below is a link. Please let me know what you think as far as this being a good tool for SHTF.. Thanks

P.S. I am in NO way connected or affiliated to this seller. There are numerous sellers with this same item

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150797017657...84.m1439.l2649
    People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

I pony up a little extra and get the ones set into a magnesium block. Works like a charm.

I rub two scouts together.
    Doesn't start a fire, but it keeps me warm!
    Normalcy Bias is Not your friend. Wake up and see the Brave New World.

Quote Originally Posted by kenno View Post
    I rub two scouts together.
    Doesn't start a fire, but it keeps me warm!

That is qwite disturbing,if your an adult....

Quote Originally Posted by WolfNSheoplesClothing View Post
    That is qwite disturbing,if your an adult....
    It's a take on an old Bullwinkle Cartoon punch-line. I guess you had to be there
    Normalcy Bias is Not your friend. Wake up and see the Brave New World.

Agreed one hundred percent about the fero rods. You have to know how to find the right kind of tinder, but if you can do that they will give you fire every single time. I sewed one into my knife sheath. Can post pics if anyone is interested.

nice price, i get my ferro stuff form harbor freight, they have a good deal on magnesium/ferro set for about $3 for what walmart sells for $8-9
    Faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead - james 2:17

Quote Originally Posted by SpearBearer View Post
    Agreed one hundred percent about the fero rods. You have to know how to find the right kind of tinder, but if you can do that they will give you fire every single time. I sewed one into my knife sheath. Can post pics if anyone is interested.
    I'd love to see if it isn't too much trouble! Haha I've been waning to put one on my sheath as well..
    People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

One can buy them off ebay in bulk and make up a bunch, then the extra can be sold on ebay.

It takes almost no time to make up some sort of handle and epoxy the rods into them, drill a cord and make a cord to hang them on and then sell em at trade shows.

Just grab some dryer lint and light it off to show how it works and they almost sell themselves, at 3 or 5 times what you have invested in them.

I have one attached to most of my knife sheaths, one in most of my emergency bags, and a few others around the place.

I wear one in a medecine bag along with other survival stuff and a small necker almost all the time.

A knife and a fire steel and one has a lot of the basics to sustain life in a handy dandy package.

To get a lot of info on it beyond Youtube, try some of the bushcrafting sights. They sell all varieties including a knife with a rod in the sheath.

I think Mora now has a knife with a fero rod inserted into the handle. and at good prices IIRC

Default Ferro Rod with striker and Magnesium

Harbor frieght has the complete firestarter for $2.00 atthe moment
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.