Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate SHTF: Martial Law...

Default Ultimate SHTF: Martial Law...

Ok, this might be a surprise for some of you, but to me the ultimate SHTF is a martial law scenario. Here is why, its both a slow burn & a flash fire SHTF. Martial Law means the basic spirit of what makes America, America is gone. The Constitution is thrown away & with it rights as recognized by the government. Call what you like but governments are invented by men & men are corrupt & weak, myself included.

The lights work, the water runs in your sinks but you have no rights& well Katrina comes to mind but so does a lot of other things including having to defend myself against other Americans who think they are doing whats right I bring this up off a conversation I had with a friend.

I think anything is possible. Martial law included.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven Azropht View Post
    Ok, this might be a surprise for some of you, but to me the ultimate SHTF is a martial law scenario. Here is why, its both a slow burn & a flash fire SHTF. Martial Law means the basic spirit of what makes America, America is gone. The Constitution is thrown away & with it rights as recognized by the government. Call what you like but governments are invented by men & men are corrupt & weak, myself included.

The lights work, the water runs in your sinks but you have no rights& well Katrina comes to mind but so does a lot of other things including having to defend myself against other Americans who think they are doing whats right I bring this up off a conversation I had with a friend.
    No kidding. This is something I worry about to. I want to paint the picture of what martial law can look like.

I remember in Iraq we cordoned off an entire town for 3 days (this wasn't uncommon, but this town in particular I will never forget). It was decided that if one more soldier out of our patrol base would be injured by an insurgent, that we would cordon & search the entire town. Sure enough, less than a week later, one of our guys got shot, so we hit the town. I WILL NOT NAME THE PARTICULAR VILLAGE.

It was a joint Iraqi / US Forces raid. We had about a company size element of US Infantry & MPs, Air assets (Kiowas & Apaches), Psy-ops and intel troops, and about a battalion of Iraqi Army & several dozen Iraqi Policemen (IP's). The idea was that the IRAQI's would search the houses, and we would be there to observe and assist. That way, if the people got pissed, they could blame the IP's, not us. (This would be like the US Army and DHS raiding your neighborhood, but using local authorities, or even FOREIGN LEOs, to do the dirty work).

Our orders were pretty simple - DISARM THE ENTIRE TOWN, and detain any known or SUSPECTED Insurgents (This was based on US and Iraqi intel). Iraqi Law stated that the head of household was allowed ONE AK47 for personal defense, but said nothing about AMMUNITION. So, we left each house with ONE AK47, but confiscated all magazines and loose ammo, and arrested anyone who had anything other than the AK (Pistols in particular were illegal by Iraqi Law, unless you were LE or MIL).
    (NOTE - Some of our own Congressmen and Senators say the same of us - The 2nd Amendment protects Firearms, NOT AMMUNITION OR MAGAZINES).

NO ONE was allowed outside - not even to go to Mosque on Friday, not even for medical care, not even to go to the Market for food. Imagine that scenario here... can't go to Church, can't go to the hospital, can't go to the grocery store. Total control. People were detained if they so much as stepped outside to see what was going on.

During the three day period, I believe we made well over 350 arrests, and confiscated HUNDREDS of fire arms and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

NOW - Think about all of that. I'm sure some will say "That is Iraq, it can't happen here." Why not? Look at how things are happening with now. We have a president who REPEATEDLY violates the constitution to further his own agenda (Recently declaring that Senate was not in session, even though it was, to make ILLEGAL RECESS APPOINTMENTS), and many other infractions... and NO ONE STOPS HIM. The SCOTUS won't even challenge him. The Goobermint sent THOUSANDS of guns to Mexico (Fast & Furious), which resulted in the death of BP Agent Brian Terry (WHO WAS FORCED TO ENGAGE F&F AK47 TOTING CRIMINALS WITH A BEANBAG SHOTGUN), and countless other deaths on both sides of the border, and Great Leader, by EXECUTIVE FIAT declares a gun purchase reporting law for border states. AGAIN - NO CHALLENGE. Obummer gets subpoena'd by the state of Georgia to show proof of citizenship - AND IGNORES THE SUBPOENA. That would get any other CITIZEN ARRESTED.

I say all of this to show you what could happen to you. Imagine HUNDREDS of armored vehicles surrounding your neighborhood. Imagine 35 troops breaking your door in and storming into your home with rifles, demanding that you lie face down and not move while they rip your house apart. Imagine being allowed to keep a rifle, but all magazines and ammo are removed from your home. Ammo YOU BOUGHT. Imagine all that food storage you have, THOUSANDS of dollars in FD and DH foods confiscated "For the greater good." Imagine being arrested because DHS has intel that you are a survivalist or a patriot because of certain websites you frequent. Imagine a curfew so strict that YOU CAN'T EVEN LEAVE YOUR HOME AND GO TO CHURCH!!

All they need is a good enough reason.

Pray. Get active. Have a plan.
    Last edited by SteelWolf; 01-30-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelWolf View Post
    No kidding. This is something I worry about to. I want to paint the picture of what martial law can look like.

I remember in Iraq we cordoned off an entire town for 3 days (this wasn't uncommon, but this town in particular I will never forget). It was decided that if one more soldier out of our patrol base would be injured by an insurgent, that we would cordon & search the entire town. Sure enough, less than a week later, one of our guys got shot, so we hit the town. I WILL NOT NAME THE PARTICULAR VILLAGE.

It was a joint Iraqi / US Forces raid. We had about a company size element of US Infantry & MPs, Air assets (Kiowas & Apaches), Psy-ops and intel troops, and about a battalion of Iraqi Army & several dozen Iraqi Policemen (IP's). The idea was that the IRAQI's would search the houses, and we would be there to observe and assist. That way, if the people got pissed, they could blame the IP's, not us. (This would be like the US Army and DHS raiding your neighborhood, but using local authorities, or even FOREIGN LEOs, to do the dirty work).

Our orders were pretty simple - DISARM THE ENTIRE TOWN, and detain any known or SUSPECTED Insurgents (This was based on US and Iraqi intel). Iraqi Law stated that the head of household was allowed ONE AK47 for personal defense, but said nothing about AMMUNITION. So, we left each house with ONE AK47, but confiscated all magazines and loose ammo, and arrested anyone who had anything other than the AK (Pistols in particular were illegal by Iraqi Law, unless you were LE or MIL).
    (NOTE - Some of our own Congressmen and Senators say the same of us - The 2nd Amendment protects Firearms, NOT AMMUNITION OR MAGAZINES).

NO ONE was allowed outside - not even to go to Mosque on Friday, not even for medical care, not even to go to the Market for food. Imagine that scenario here... can't go to Church, can't go to the hospital, can't go to the grocery store. Total control. People were detained if they so much as stepped outside to see what was going on.

During the three day period, I believe we made well over 350 arrests, and confiscated HUNDREDS of fire arms and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

NOW - Think about all of that. I'm sure some will say "That is Iraq, it can't happen here." Why not? Look at how things are happening with now. We have a president who REPEATEDLY violates the constitution to further his own agenda (Recently declaring that Senate was not in session, even though it was, to make ILLEGAL RECESS APPOINTMENTS), and many other infractions... and NO ONE STOPS HIM. The SCOTUS won't even challenge him. The Goobermint sent THOUSANDS of guns to Mexico (Fast & Furious), which resulted in the death of BP Agent Brian Terry (WHO WAS FORCED TO ENGAGE F&F AK47 TOTING CRIMINALS WITH A BEANBAG SHOTGUN), and countless other deaths on both sides of the border, and Great Leader, by EXECUTIVE FIAT declares a gun purchase reporting law for border states. AGAIN - NO CHALLENGE. Obummer gets subpoena'd by the state of Georgia to show proof of citizenship - AND IGNORES THE SUBPOENA. That would get any other CITIZEN ARRESTED.

I say all of this to show you what could happen to you. Imagine HUNDREDS of armored vehicles surrounding your neighborhood. Imagine 35 troops breaking your door in and storming into your home with rifles, demanding that you lie face down and not move while they rip your house apart. Imagine being allowed to keep a rifle, but all magazines and ammo are removed from your home. Ammo YOU BOUGHT. Imagine all that food storage you have, THOUSANDS of dollars in FD and DH foods confiscated "For the greater good." Imagine being arrested because DHS has intel that you are a survivalist or a patriot because of certain websites you frequent. Imagine a curfew so strict that YOU CAN'T EVEN LEAVE YOUR HOME AND GO TO CHURCH!!

All they need is a good enough reason.

Pray. Get active. Have a plan.
    I am taking that entire statement and saving it if you don't mind. Anyone who has a spouse that is not on board, should have them read this.

Thank You Steelwolf, I think this statement should become a sticky by itself, people need to read it, remember it and pass it on. I know I have. I could possible defend myself against a few Blue Helmets trying to illegally enter my abode, but 35 military trained soldiers backed up by heavy weapons and I would end up on the front pages as "A Crazy Survivalist". Not that I wouldn't fight for my rights, My parents spent 16 years becoming citizens and I would not disgrace their memory by just laying down, but the truth is the truth no matter how you spin it.

Yep, Steelwolf you the nail on the head.

The windy, white, winter, wastelands of (north) Wisconsin.

Coming to a city or town near you. All the more reason to have cache's in several locations and to live in a rural setting.
    It is better to keep one’s mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and resolve all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by straight edge View Post
    They came into the store, grabbed what ever they wanted and ran out, but nobody stopped them. It was like something you would see on the news.

He repeatedly kicked her in the face with his boot and no body stopped him, they all just stood there not believing what they were seeing.

He pulled out a knife and repeatedly stabbed the other man to death in broad day light and no one stopped him. It was like a dream or something you would see on TV.

He made an illegal recess appointment along with many "other infractions... and NO ONE STOPS HIM. The SCOTUS won't even challenge him".

How many times have we heard witnesses to horrific crimes make these same statements?

No one stopped him.
    All you need for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.
    Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men.

This never occurred to me.
    Ive got your lil buddy right here! Patiently waiting for my cheese to finish sliding off my cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetopfirefighter View Post
    I am taking that entire statement and saving it if you don't mind. Anyone who has a spouse that is not on board, should have them read this.
    Go ahead. I want this to be read by EVERYONE. Glad I could contribute.
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.