Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate SHTF: Martial Law...

Something that hasn't been pointed out yet is that there just isnt near enough troops to cover more than a few major cities..... There also would be MUCH more resistance from Americans (mainly in rural areas) than what the powers that be could even imagine in their worst nightmares... NOTHING along the lines of true martial law would last after the first 2 or 3 innocent heads were busted in by the "authorities", at least not where I live... It would become open season on anyone who wears a uniform or works a roadblock....

You do NOT want to go messing with someone who knows what freedom is, because they will NOT give theirs up easily....
    (that is describing most Americans, well, at least the ones that arent liberals or freeloaders/welfare-lifers)

Aluminum,

Let me say this,if that we now. Most people are sheepish& intimidated by the appearance of authority.e true,things wouldn't be the way they are.

What? Looks like some words are missing in your post....

Google "the 3 percent" or" III Percent"

You can basically write off the big cities... But no way in heck the 'gov will ever "tame" the rural areas, EVER..... There just is not enough of the "enforcers" to even begin to control us....
    Last edited by Aluminum3; 02-14-2012 at 11:41 AM.

As to Katrina. Lot of bad crap happened there. Not just in New Orleans, we had problems up in Birmingham as well.

I know guys that went in to No after Katrina, MANY received random fire while coming in to help with relief efforts.

To be blunt, much of NO is a 3rd world sh!#hole, esp the 9th ward and that general area. IMO pretty much anywhere but the French Quarter.

The locals were shooting at red cross trucks, much less troops and incoming out of area cops. Heck this is where the notoriously corrupt NOPD personnel were tapped looting Wal Mart _IN UNIFORM_.

Comparing NO to much of the US is like comparing Haiti or Juarez Mexico to much of the US.

i saw a tsa truck today, it was a k9 bomb sniffer unit, nearest airport is 1 hour away. i parked my truck next to it and got a nice pic of my truck next to it with my ron paul sticker, obama joker face sticker, magpul and other various stickers that make look like im on a terror watch list. cool pic.lol but well see how a cell phone pic blows up, hope its not grainy.

All you have to do is control food and fule....

you don't need to control the population by force. Just keep them from moving and unable to move far from the gov's "free" food. Issue travel passes or the like, and you effectively have everyone locked down. Least enough to maintain control.

Wow look at that...gas went up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum3 View Post

You can basically write off the big cities... But no way in heck the 'gov will ever "tame" the rural areas, EVER..... There just is not enough of the "enforcers" to even begin to control us....
    Yeah I was working off my Andriod, but allow me to make that arguement in much better type. Ahum...

Aluminum,

Let me say this,if that were true we wouldn't be were we are now. Most people are sheepish & intimidated by the appearance of authority. Throw some punk in a uniform, give him a badge & a gun and he thinks he's Dirty Harry or that guy from Justified. Put a man in uniform, give him a badge & a gun and he acts in accordance with the laws of this Nation. The problem we have is too many of those punks in uniform. You want to see how easy martial law is to impliment lets look at some of the Gun laws;
    1. Limit ammo sales by making bullet's safer (i.e. add useless elements which do nothing & make them more expensive to make.); like putting the state were the bullet is to be sold from on the round.
    2. Prevent ammo stock piling by limiting gun sales and ammo purchases, use large ammo purchases as sign of terrorism.
    3. Label anyone owning an "assult rifle" as a "possible terrorist" for having a "military style" weapon & limit them.
    4. Limit capable weapons by banning assault weapons, as per Clinton & what Obama wants to do.
    5. Prevent stockpiling by making the primers spoil after a certain time period like a year.
    6. Increase fear for those who cannot be controlled by labelling the prepared as crazy & fearmongers.
    7. The US can call in UN troops to pacify the population & by labelling militias & preppers as possible terrorists; groups like the ATF & ect can go in all paramilitary. They resist they are criminals, they surrender they are disarmed and any known associates become harassed.
    8. Start using "snitches" to entrapped key individuals who would be likely sources of information, training & leadership before said martial law, can be determined by what they read, internet searchs & public statements. Your end result is possible key leaders can be removed before the institution of martial law.

Think it can't be done look at history. Add to that the different in technology, weapons, tactics & training. Not to mention were are the support & supply elemts coming from. Always remember an army marches on its stomach and without sonmeone to get beans, bullets and bandaids to the frontlines wars are always lost.

Why you think we took Iraq in 3 days? It wasn't that we were better soldiers, it was because we hit water, power & supply stations from the air then sent in troops. Would you know if your neighbor a mile away was being busted by jack booted thugs, if they cut the power and phone lies and jammed cell phone signals? What if they cut power to the cell towers in the AO? No you wouldn't & those soldiers will only know that you are a domestic terrorist planning to blow up school children or whatever propaganda they are fed...

X-Cop, I use Katrina as an example because you want to put people in a panic take away the system that sustain them. Will everywhere be like Katrina, no I don't think it will. I do however see most cities as adopting that same mindset within themselves. Certain demographics are incouraged to hate LEOs and distrust the government. Those same groups will eventually start shooting at LEOs and some LEOs will abuse their powers. End result, chaos...

Will it be different, yes... Will it be based on the same issues and principles of social interaction. You bet...
    Last edited by Draven Azropht; 02-17-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Not everywhere will be Katrina.

NO is contained access, it is not able to spread out on foot and cause chaos at large.

Take that same demographic. Put it in the midwest.....it's called Detroit. Should TSHTF the same people who tried to kill red cross workers coming in will spread out of Detroit (and Chicago...and Milwaukee for that matter) and start looting the burbs in a matter of days if not hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum3 View Post

Ever stop to think that's why nukes and chemical weapons were invented?

No, that is not a rhetorical question.
    "Never send a Glock to do a 1911's job."

Good thread.