Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Find a station selling real gas near you

Apparently the truck stop in my hometown sells it

Didn't know it made such a difference.

If your car has a computer, you need to at least run a tank through it to start noticing a difference. Then the computer will adjust and you should notice a difference. For absolute best results you would have to flash the computer.
    Don't steal, the Government hates competition.

What differences could on expect when using this kind of gas? BTW I got a 97 blazer.

Around town probably not a whole lot. On the highway it will be notable. Non-ethanol gas won't be as harsh to rubber fuel line parts. If your manual says anything about E10 then the rubber parts should generally last the life of the vehicle. The main reason non-ethanol fuel is good is for storage.
    Don't steal, the Government hates competition.

My truck gets 8-10 miles per gallon better with REAL gasoline, I get 17-18 in town and maybe 20 highway with E10 gas around here. I calculated by figuring since my 15 gallon tank goes another 150 miles highway with real gas than E10. Haven't had a lot of opportunity to get scientific since I can't get real gas here nowadays.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Thanks road warrior for the info, I guess I never knew there was gas with out any ethanol in it. I thought it went from the old leaded right to the regular stuff at most pumps now.
    Wow AK, 8-10 mpg more on the hwy?!?!?! thats crazy. My blazer gets like 15mgp with equal mix of hwy and city. maybe i should put a couple tanks in my blazer and see what happens lol

Quote Originally Posted by texan2 View Post
    none near me...
    ditto
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

There are four of them within 10 miles of my house.

Make sure you sign this petition.

http://www.fueltestkit.com/fuel_choi...tion_2011.html
    Last edited by 66C10; 12-21-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    Aviation fuel is not the same as auto racing fuel (110 octane) so you are better off sticking with either the 110 or using Stabil. For best results just drive the car more. Automobiles are made to be used, driven, not sit in garages or museums.

Joe-NY
    True enough. 100 Octane lowlead (110LL) AVGAS has about twice as much lead in it as automotive gas did. It actually has two different octane numbers, 100 octane at the lean end of the curve, 110 at the rich end.

It will flat ruin any vehicle with a catalytic converter, in about a second. It also costs about $4-5 a gallon, and if you use it on the road the tax police will love to catch you.
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by texan2 View Post
    I have looked in my area and all of the pumps say 10% ethanol...I have a flex fuel truck so the ethanol wont hurt it but I would like real gas for my older truck.
    I was told to put the decals for ethanol on all dispensers by my friendly weights and measures employee. He said if they test the gas, and it has ethanol and no decals, they would fine us. If it tested no ethanol with decals they did not care. I checked my area, and I know there are many more than listed.

Check with a petroleum wholesaler or transport company in your area. They will be able to tell you where to they deliver "clear gas" we call it here. It will vary from county to county, depending on the population and environmental regulations. Some companies have resorted to blending all of their gas with ethanol though because they get atta boy's from the gov for pushing renewable energy. Recipes for gas can vary widely in a relatively small geographic area. Some companies may be blending ethanol in everything just to make things simple, or make dispatch and delivery a little more stupid proof.

They will need one of these websites for diesel too, many wholesalers and refiners are now allowed to blend bio-diesel up to 5% without changing the labels, and are doing so even though efficiency suffers for the reason stated above. Many folks around here are now running the mix without even knowing. Some are seeing a difference, some are not.