Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana...

Quote Originally Posted by brushbuster67 View Post
    You know the irony, my wife said I could have a 20 something redhead ever now and then. but she has banned Irish setters from the farm.
    i like blonds myself ... a golden retriever listens better imo ..lol
    "We are fresh out of compliance and give a sh!t has been back-ordered for months." ,mountainbear

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

A 20 something Irish Setter probably can't see or hear.... Taxidermy????
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by HatetosayItoldyouso... View Post
    A 20 something Irish Setter probably can't see or hear.... Taxidermy????
    Think dog years.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic View Post
    Think dog years.
    gotcha...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Folks need to learn more about scrapping, everytime you turn metal in your supposed to sign for your funds, granted some places might ignore this, but they wont be in business very long with all the b.s. laws out there these days. Ive salvaged in most states n always had to sign and or provide a business license for copper and a/c compressors, etc.

THeres no way this is going to effect the black market, guns, drugs, kids, whatever your into. Thats why its called a black market!

This law doesnt effect anyone doing the right thing ( lots of places require a permit for garage sales now. look it up ) and the few that are cheating the system will continue cheating it.

Considering this was passed in 2011, then buried. It will be buried again. No one cares.

I remember when you paid a fee for a garage sale or yard sale (permit) but most of the time it wasnt enforced cause not enough people knew about it, then again who's gonna report what they made anyhow. I lived in Louisiana many years and you could get an ad in the paper for free at one time for your garage sale..left there in 2003 dont know what its like now.
    But you can bet your bottom dollar the cajuns know how to get er dun and so do the rednecks and Louisiana is full of em too. You can drive slowly through our old neighborhood and see which house the rednecks live in..we had so many they passed a city ordinance- no junk cars in front of the house or in your driveway, all vehicles had to be running. Guess how many got moved to the backyard? lmao
    Last edited by silvergramma; 05-07-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silvergramma View Post
    ok ,, here's somepin..no cash at grocery stores, only checks or credit or debit cards, next it will be no checks,, then only debit cards,, hmmmm whats next my brothers,, whats next????
    Subcutaneous chips

b and c you knew what I was thinking dint ya

Quote Originally Posted by silvergramma View Post
    b and c you knew what I was thinking dint ya
    Who??? Me???

You have to accept fiat for a debt owed you...you DO NOT have to accept fiat for a purchase. You also do not have to pay someone in fiat for a transaction, as it is not a debt. Purchasing an item in a store, or selling an item to someone is not a debt. It is a transaction. They are not the same.

The Coinage Act of 1965 says that cash, excluding foreign gold or silver coins, is legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. That means creditors are legally obligated to accept your crumpled-up ones and fives.

The Coinage Act doesn't say anything about private companies or individuals, however. That means businesses are free to accept or decline cash for goods and services. They can also set forth other guidelines, like prohibiting customers from paying with pennies (cumbersome to count) or high-denomination bills (could be a robbery hazard).

That being said, it is NOT the governments place to tell a private business how they must conduct it. I hope it all collapses.