Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cash Transactions Banned by Louisiana...

Quote Originally Posted by twinoaks View Post
    This one sentence says everything that needs to be said.
    Just so happen to be right behind my house. We flooded 5 times in the last 10 years I lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by brushbuster67 View Post
    Average Scrap yard moves thousand of dollars in cash every day, I have had months where I have made over $4000 hauling off junk. There is a box on the IRS form where I am to report that income, I would assume some states would have the same requirement.

Making the cash transactions recorder on bank accounts, then with the enforcement of 1099 requirements the unreported income would be documented. Not really looking at the little guy but, but I suspect allot of scrap yards move serous money with out a document trail.
    We have a winner here!!!!

Good friend of ours lost a 50 acre salvage yard because of the IRS. He was pulling in excess of $30-$50K a month in cash transactions, and not reporting but about 25% of it. Cash transactions can be swept under the rug. Governments are so strapped for cash right now they are now attacking cash. As for me, I'll still deal in cash. You don't take cash? Sorry....the guy next door does.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

i fully understand the many reasons that the government may want to do this

but

i don't see the banning of legal tender as being able to hold up in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Eagle View Post
    We have a winner here!!!!

Good friend of ours lost a 50 acre salvage yard because of the IRS. He was pulling in excess of $30-$50K a month in cash transactions, and not reporting but about 25% of it. Cash transactions can be swept under the rug. Governments are so strapped for cash right now they are now attacking cash. As for me, I'll still deal in cash. You don't take cash? Sorry....the guy next door does.
    Alrighty I will take a premium membership for my reward Or whats behind door #3. If she is a red head.
    ‘God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

her name is Sadie and shes an Irish Setter :P

You know the irony, my wife said I could have a 20 something redhead ever now and then. but she has banned Irish setters from the farm.
    ‘God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

damn your luck

I read a news report a couple of weeks ago, but didn't save it. Somewhere out west the fed is building a data storage center with the capability of storing several zetabytes.
    The government will be able to tax ALL transactions, as per the LA law, to be implemented nationwide.
    The scarier part is that the gov. will know everything you buy or sell, travel, real estate, weapons, food quantity, EVERYTHING.

and now you know why I 'm staying here, wonder what its gonna be like trying to have a garage sale down there,, sheesh what idjits, hey brushbuster,, there are dark golden retrievers out there that can pass for em lmao

Whew! What a relief! I thought for a minute there that my credit was so bad they'd outlawed my cash...
    777 FGG