Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My little cabin

currugated steel can be extremely strong - many comercial roofing systems that have to span long distances and be rated for several hundred pounds per square foot use stamped steel roofing.

all the shipping containers i've experienced utilized structural walls of the same type of materials as these steel roof spans. I have no doubt that they can widthstand being berried to a certain depth without difficulty. side loading underground typically puts far less stress on an 8 foot wall than roof loading over a 30 foot span.

Shipping containers (Connexes) are being used by people for underground shelters and hidden homes. These are only a few feet under the surface. Corrugated steel vertically can be used to reinforce the container roof. Weld or bolt some horizontal pieces across the roof and weld or bolt the corrugated support pieces every so often (48" or 36"). The corrugated pieces can be one foot or any length. Cover with a layer of sheet metal or plate metal and you have a good roof for under ground, deep underground.
    Make sure to use a good adhesive primer and tow coats of paint before covering with earth.
    Or use a honey comb mesh with corrugated steel for the reinforcement.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

How did this thread get jacked into a discussion about shipping containers?

Sorry, I'll start another thread.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

Quote Originally Posted by VoorTrekker View Post
    Shipping containers (Connexes) are being used by people for underground shelters and hidden homes. These are only a few feet under the surface. Corrugated steel vertically can be used to reinforce the container roof. Weld or bolt some horizontal pieces across the roof and weld or bolt the corrugated support pieces every so often (48" or 36"). The corrugated pieces can be one foot or any length. Cover with a layer of sheet metal or plate metal and you have a good roof for under ground, deep underground.
    Make sure to use a good adhesive primer and tow coats of paint before covering with earth.
    Or use a honey comb mesh with corrugated steel for the reinforcement.
    I am in your town BTW PM me so I can check out how deep you can bury them as I had a old tractor trailer back years ago. It was aluminum and I think it could be burried (maybe not deep) I got rid of it and I am bummed now.

btw the pics of the cabin DO NOT load up anymore for ME... you all having any luck?

I don't know where they went,I reposted some more on the 1st page.

thanks that thing is sweet.

Sorry to be a bother. But is anyone else having issues seeing the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by oiii88 View Post
    Sorry to be a bother. But is anyone else having issues seeing the pics?
    I just checked all posts with pics and they all are downloading for me.More pics coming of some upgrades.

[IMG][/IMG]I finaly got the front porch screened in,built some steps and a walkwayInstalled the cookstove and made a hanger for my cast iron pots and pans.