Thread: New Lower prices at Aldi SE PA

Default New Lower prices at Aldi SE PA

Hit the local Aldi today to do a quick add to stock - wanted another 10 pound of flour ($1.38/ 5lbs) & sugar ($2.79/ 5 lbs.).

They lowered their prices on canned potatoes and beans by 6˘ to 59˘ from 65˘.
    Price on canned chicken was $1.69

Chicken broth both regular and fat free lowered to 99˘ from $1.29

They also had just add water dry potato, broccoli & cheese and 3 bean chili soups (1.69 ea.).
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. Jefferson

Aldi is new here, and they have sweet deals every sunday at my local store... They have $2 off skirt steak on sundays, and they mark down stuff like crackers, chips, and assorted canned goods on Sundays as well. I've seen what you are talking about with the reductions on every day prices too. The one by my house has eggs for $.49/doz and milk for $.99/gallon every day too, that is so low they started a milk war with Wally World.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

in PA we have minimum milk prices... we'd never see 99 cent milk.
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by leannain View Post
    Hit the local Aldi today to do a quick add to stock - wanted another 10 pound of flour ($1.38/ 5lbs) & sugar ($2.79/ 5 lbs.).

They lowered their prices on canned potatoes and beans by 6˘ to 59˘ from 65˘.
    Price on canned chicken was $1.69

Chicken broth both regular and fat free lowered to 99˘ from $1.29

They also had just add water dry potato, broccoli & cheese and 3 bean chili soups (1.69 ea.).
    It's amazing how much prices differ in different places. My aldi has had the price of general purpose flour drop to $1.19/5# (Wisconsin).

Sugar had been $2.49/5#, then it went up to $2.99/5#, now it's down to $2.79/5#. And some of the canned goods prices had dropped similarly to what happened at yours.

I'd passed an article on rising food prices to my wife; she said "If wheat prices are rising, why did Aldi just lower their flour prices?" I responded that I didn't know, and then went to Aldi to get some of it.

I have an Aldi just a few minutes away from me. I'm gonna have to go check that out on Sunday.

Govt. price controls.....just like in the old U.S.S.R.
    “We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.”
    Thomas Jefferson

I am the powdered donut KING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texan2 View Post
    We have a lot of "Progressive" laws in PA. Our alcohol sales are all controlled by the state.

Quote Originally Posted by texan2 View Post
    Speaking from a dairy farmers perspective- .99 milk will effectively put the US dairy business out of business and make us rely on cheap Chinese imports. Reconstituted Chinese powdered milk is already sold in some areas of the country as a "fresh gallon"

Yet another reason to be self sufficient