Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New cabin project, the perfect wilderness retreat.

Dennis Miller, trooper are you pulling our chain?

Quote Originally Posted by brushbuster67 View Post
    Dennis Miller, trooper are you pulling our chain?
    What? Why would I be pulling your chain? That is they guys name, names like that are common in Amish communities. That is his contact information, send him a letter and he will send you a pricelist.
    It is better to have a permanent income than to be fascinating. Oscar Wilde

Glad things are going good for ya TD which is more than I can say for my life...
    It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to [he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any life-threatening attack made upon him with a deadly weapon Gibson v KY,34SW936

trooper no offence I just pictured the comedian in my head. Thanks for sharing your cabin and the contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmolly View Post
    So your BOL is a parking lot?
    Seriously, tell me you're joking.
    New2Preppin

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    wow, thats nice. What are your plans for this one?

Im going to be living in this new one. The cabin I currently have cost me 6,000 and timeless man hours of my life I can never get back. I will be putting this new cabin in the place of the old one after I get some topsoil brought in and the sloping ground leveled with a bull dozer.

I have storage issues with having just one cabin, Imagine everything you use constantly stored in less than 400 square feet. I will be buying another smaller 12x10 cabin to store my motorcycle, tools, mowers and extra survivalism supplies in.

The "shed" I will be buying will cost $900 and it will match the cabin I have currently built. It would be nice to just relax in my "house" with out all the shovels, crowbars, buckets and food storage surrounding me.

These guys Im getting the cabin from are great, they are letting me pay in installments as they build it. If I had to pay it in full I could not afford it. I have only $400 to pay on the cabin now, but to finish the inside and install shutters will probably cost an extra 500-600 dollars. Im headed out soon, maybe this week to put insulation in the walls and staple up plastic. Once I have the insulation in they can start finishing the inside.

The inside planks and outside planks each are 3/4" thick so thats 1.50" plus insulation separating me from the elements, it should stay very toasty in the winter.

What happened to the old one? Is it for some reason unusable and I missed the update on that?
    What this forum is all about:
    Share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie. "Share what you know, learn what you don't."

The updates have been slow, because of winter and all. I just got a 10x10 shed with double doors on one side so I have a dry place to keep my motorcycle. This cost me $900 for the complete 10x10. This will be delivered as soon as the snow disappears.

Looks great, you got one hell of a deal there. Where I'm at they want $900 for a chicken coop. Really love the shelving in the shed.

If it was just me I'd so love to live like this....envious a tad.
    Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Call me... The Punisher.