Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New cabin project, the perfect wilderness retreat.

They have many connections for materials outside the community. The windows are pella double payne, I bought them from lowes. The roofing and plywood floor was supplied by them. I'm going to have them finish the inside as well.

The wood is semi dry, I will let it sit for a few months before I put insulation in it. I want to have them install wood shutters as well.
    It is better to have a permanent income than to be fascinating. Oscar Wilde

So your BOL is a parking lot?

Cool Cabin. The Amish do great work, so you know the construction is top notch. You sure can't beat the price.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Yep thinking of something like that in guernsey county for my getaway/bol! Wife wouldn't stay there without a crapper though .

Your going to be living large, after all that time in the truck. Congrats.

Who are they? Where are they? How do you get in touch with them? Are there other designs?

I would have thought that theyd've put a few more studs in the walls for hanging whatever wallboard you finish it out with and some blocking for cabinets or shelving. I like it.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

have to look back in time, older house did not have alot of cabinets or closets. For one folks did not have as much junk and then what they di was kept in trunks, armoires, and free standing shelving.

the streght of a box frame house is in the planks so studs are really just there for the doors and windows. They also provide the horzintal stability a ridged suport for the structure. Unlike a modern home where the studs carry the load of the house.

This design all works together for a solid structure. A tornado might roll it over but it will stay together.

I bet if you measured the studs they are actually 2"x4" and the planks are 1"x12" . the enterior rafters look to be 7' foot interior instead of 8' so a sealing fan might not be a good idea. but they are heavy and can offer up some storage also.

I have demolished a few house built like this and I can push them around with the dozer before the fall apart. You have to use the corner of the dozer blade like a wedge to bust them up. Stout.

ok my dyslexia is tearing me up tonight headed off to the rack.

Hillside Lumber Sales
    Dennis Miller (owner)
    54662 st. rt. 800
    Jerusalem Ohio 43747

No phone (Amish)

You will have to go out and see them. I have a price list but I haven't any scanner. The smallest is an 8x8 for $700 and the largest is a 16x32 for $4000.

it is $250 to deliver a 10x?

it is $350 to deliver a 12x?

There is a different guy that they refer that has a flatbed and a dump truck. The delivery prices are based on a 50 mile radius.

Tell them I sent you. They also make smokehouses, outhouses, chicken coops, sheds and do many other custom jobs. Very honest and trustworthy people. Every time I paid them cash they never even counted it, they just took my word that it was all there. That surprised me.
    It is better to have a permanent income than to be fascinating. Oscar Wilde