Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remnants Movie

Default Remnants Movie

This looks like it might be pretty good. Check it out the trailer, its out in 2011.

Synopsis is something happens that kills the current way of life, like an EMP but worldwide. Its how one community survives and then is attacked by another community. Alot like the stories that are posted on here.

http://www.hilburger.com/remnants/index.html

Bill

Could this be the film that is based on Halffast's Lights Out story?
    Preservation of Dal al-Harb - in the wastelands of the former United States.

i was thinking 1 sec after (well minus the emp attack)
    "Humans are the only animals with an unfair advantage over natural selection" -Me

This sounds great so far. Amazon doesn't even list it yet. I don't think I can wait until January to see it!!!

it look like it will be a b movie, but it looks like it will be good, kinda like jericho the movie.

Hey people.
    I am the writer of Remnants.
    The blackout of electricty and downing of computer systems is causes by a Magnetar
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetar).
    Something that could happend but doesn't get mentioned very often.

The movie is more about the after effects than the actual cause.
    We hope to have a new trailer up in a week or two.
    Paul

On a flood plain over a seismic fault Calif.

Hey philburger1, if you really are the writer, the effects more so than the cause is what makes the drama. Who cares how it happened, or what. We want to know more about the government facility as a minor point and did any private entity prepare for this as having prior knowlege of the possibility of the causal event? Also, please ensure that revolvers and glocks do not have a "flick the safety" sound effect and no hammer sound effect for glocks, if you would please.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

Hey VoorTrekker,
    The government facility is only briefly in the film. It is mainly centers in a gated subdivision. A week after the power and computers go down, the neighborhood is at each other's throats. The main character, Art, convinces everyone that they should meet as a council, and write down their own set of laws that they must all follow. Art's neighbor Merl, is ex -special forces, and a survivalist, and has made preperations for such an event. Luckly he shares his knowledge on food preperations, planting, etc, and the neighborhood starts to pull together.

They decide to lock themselves in to keep the rest of the world out. One of their own is caught stealing food out of turn. A series of events leads the people to kick this man out of the community. While outside the gated subdivision, he is approached by thugs. He saves his own skin by telling them about all the food in his old neighborhood, and telling them he knows how to get through their gate.

The sets up a big battle at the end. Basically the story is a metphor for what is going on in America today. About how the people who produce and invent have the results of their success taken by them by force.

On a flood plain over a seismic fault Calif.

Luckly he shares his knowledge on food preperations (luckily, and you're a writer?)

Now seriously, I got that from the trailer. Good survival stories always has a man step up and take charge, the ancient Greeks had a theatrical word for it. The bandit attack was unexpected, I thought it was a conflict with another town. Subdivision is good, gated community, those are commonplace but not a national standard, so it works.

I have a story I am working on, but it is not apocalyptic. I am looking forward to your film on the silver screen.
    Last edited by VoorTrekker; 11-01-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: ?
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."