Thread: Kenwood TH-F6 ham

Default Kenwood TH-F6 ham

I obtained my Ham radio last year, and purchased a radio, Kenwood TH-F6. At that time, one of the ham operators programmed my radio with the frequencies at the place where I lived, and attempted to show me how to do it and how to operate the radio.

Since that time, I have moved 1200 miles away, and I am lost. I downloaded software that was to make programming easy, well not for me it did not. Now here I sit with all this money invested in the radio, and I can not figure out how to program it. I have the Instruction manual also, but it is no help.

Can someone help me with it?? Please!! I am radio ignorant, and deficient in knowledge.
    I am the nicest man you will ever meet, or your worst enemy, your choice.

Try posting this in the communications forum.

You'll have much better luck.

I assume you have your license to operate the radio so what I suggest you do is go to www.arrl.org and see about a club that is in your area. I encourge you to join the club and see if any of the members will help you program your radio. This way he can teach you and hands on is the best way to learn how to program the radio. I went through the same problem years ago when I first got my ticket and had trouble programming mine. Joining the local Ham club is what I done and it has paid dividends for me on learning about Ham radio.

As stated, a local club or operator is your best bet, short of mailing the radio to someone who can do it. It is better to know how to do it yourself, but if all else fails, mayhap sending it out may be your only option.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by hiker View Post
    I assume you have your license to operate the radio so what I suggest you do is go to www.arrl.org and see about a club that is in your area. I encourge you to join the club and see if any of the members will help you program your radio. This way he can teach you and hands on is the best way to learn how to program the radio. I went through the same problem years ago when I first got my ticket and had trouble programming mine. Joining the local Ham club is what I done and it has paid dividends for me on learning about Ham radio.

Yes i have my license

Quote Originally Posted by DangerKrue View Post
    Try posting this in the communications forum.

You'll have much better luck.
    Thanks, I just did that

You're right, the TH-F6 can be a little tricky to program (I own several). The manual should get you thru it though, it just may take a few attempts to get it.

If you go down this path and run in to specific difficulties, don't hesitate to post here with questions.

You might also want to get the Nifty guide for this radio http://www.niftyaccessories.com/Kenwood_cards.htm

They're available from HRO among other places.

You might also be able to find a better guide online.
    Good medicine in bad places

Try this if I get it wrong google it: www.hamradiohawaii.com/kenwood-th-f6
    You mess with me, or mine, say your prayers first!
    I am a gun toting, bible thumping christian
    So Mote it Be (Gods will be done) amen