Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UK Preppers/ UK Threats

Default UK Preppers/ UK Threats

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now reading everything I can, both online and offline (information/guides/news (multiple sources) as well as fiction)

In your opinions, what threats do you think we face in the UK? I want to start prepping, but the question is, what to prep for?

In the last couple of years we've had 'severe' weather causing all kinds of issues for us on our little island, weather which in any other part of the world wouldn't cause too many problems. Ok, so the flooding and/or mudslides would have given any country a headache, but the snow we had? A few inches and the country grinds to a halt!

So my question to you UK preppers...what are you preparing for? Outside of not being able to get to the supermarket for a few days until the snow melts, or perhaps having to bug out due to flooding. What other threats do we face?

For geographic reference, I live in the South East, on the outskirts of a small to medium sized town, a few minutes drive and I'm in a rural area...

Thanks for your thoughts!

Im not sure myself,will play it by ear, but will bug down if its a food problem. The trouble is the UK is so dam small.

Im just collecting what i can ie pickles,jam,drying,collecting seeds and lots of blackberry and elderberry wine.
    Picked 22kg,s of walnuts so far.

scoobie: how about being taken over by an alien race who have become the dominant race in many London boroughs and who one day will outbreed the English race, ?? or how about a civil war when the English don't want to be taken over and forced to worship a foreign religion?? how about good old economic collapse??? or how about TEOTWAWKI when the oil runs out???? i think thats enough for you to be getting on with for now!

anyway Scoobie northern raider has already answered this question for you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
    anyway Scoobie northern raider has already answered this question for you!!!!
    Haha! He sure has, but nothing wrong with getting as many perspectives as possible...even though we're probably all members of the same forums

thats right, looks like wev'e got some fuel strikes on the way now!!

I think there are several threats in the UK. Though in preparing, you should prioritize them - as several steps in preparing for threat number one also serve to prepare for other threats that I won't mention ie: zombie apocalypse...

The UK is the world leader in CCTV / Facial recognition. They have files upon files for all residents and visitors. The UK was also a leading country in an effort to ban guns. (Well, not altogether, but damned close.) There was a time - not too long ago - in Scotland and other parts of the UK where the police did not carry guns. Now the government has all but banned guns and what do we see? The police are all armed!!!

What does this say about her Majesty's government and its objectives?

In my opinion: [If anyone else wants to add here by the way, PLEASE by all means do so.] This list of most plausible and relevent things that could happen in the UK. 2 priorities and 3 scenarios.

First priority: Get out or as clear as you can from the control grid. You do not have to do this overnight, but start a concious effort to withdraw from all things monitored.
    Second Priority: Start to prepare for realistic, forseeable emergencies first.
    [THESE 2 PRIORITIES CAN BE WORKED ON AT THE SAME TIME]

Here's a short list of plausible scenarios: (listed by probability)

1) -Flood (London?) - or other natural (or unnatural) disaster
    I put this as #1 because it may lead to the other 2 - in a hurry.

2) -Power outage (short - 1 hour or less) ; (medium - 1 day or less) ; (6 weeks to the stoneage? - more than a day)

3) -Social unrest (precipitating possibly from the first 2) and possible implementation of martial law

If you are successful in escaping the UK control grid your ability to prepare for everything else - and succeed at it for a length of time is greatly enhanced.

Now we have to look at what is required for surviving scenarios 1, 2 and 3. The more I explore the flood / disaster scenario the more the other 2 scenarios seem to get covered.

Flood / Natural disaster.

Short of building an ark... Perhaps a rapid deploy life raft such as those used by families at sea / world cruising sailors? http://www.life-raft.com/
    - DESALINATION / WATER PURIFICATION. I'd put this ahead of stored water because in the UK, there's lots of water and if you are mobile, this is also lighter.
    - FRESH WATER
    - THE TOOLS TO START A FIRE - TRIPLE REDUNDANT ( flints, lighters AND waterproof matches)
    - Assuming the liferaft serves as a shelter (until you hit landfall and start building) STORED MRE / FOOD
    - MEDICAL
    - THE MEANS TO ACQUIRE MORE FOOD this could be fishing, hunting, trapping, B and E'ing - you name it.
    - SECURITY
    - NAVIGATION
    - CONSTRUCTION TOOLS
    - COMMUNICATION

I did not go into much detail beyond a topic (ie: SECURITY or MEDICAL) though these require both tools and skills. Which you should learn and amass.

I hope this provokes more discussion.
    Good luck.
    Haud dominus : Alacer Ensis ; Man is not bad except as he is made so by arbitrary morality...

Uk threats.
    Strikes, civil unrest, in 2013 power cuts for weeks/months.
    Petrol shortage, food shortage.
    In London possible terrorist threats.

UK threats.

1) Letting a Labour/Marxist government back in.

2) Letting the chav underclass continue to breed.

3) Not dealing with terrorists or terrorist supporting countries harshly enough.

4) Not dealing with our national debt quickly.

I read that the UK Gov is thinking about having ALL paychecks go through the GOV first before you get your hard earned cash. Yup. They take the taxes THEY WANT, then give you a stipend. If I were you guys, I would find a way to get out of that country while you still can. Get a green card for the US and come live here. The US is HUGE with many places to go in an emergency.