Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The (silver) buck stops here! The Consolidated thread on PM's

Default The (silver) buck stops here! The Consolidated thread on PM's

I was looking at adding some silver to my preps for investment, barter or maybe medical.....

What are the thoughts on silver soaring this year or next, I have read several articles over the last few weeks.......They seem to be split 50/50 some say it drop , others think it will soar.......
    Any thoughts??

hold off a little bit... it's going to drop again.

Investing in something you can't eat, can't shoot, can't plant, can't use as a tool,...just doesn't make sense to me. =/

Dollar cost adv......Buy a little every mo.......some people here last.. march of 09 when silver was @ $13.00.... and said wait .....when it was @ 15.00 it will come down....and so on.....I think it will come down some....but I buy a lttle every mo. (just in case)....and when it does go down I buy more.....just get a plan and stick with it.....ask any one with any experience about timing the market........Best of luck
    D.P.

I have some american silver eagles , some morgans and othe pre '64 coinage-mercury dimes etc. Just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RDLong70 View Post
    Investing in something you can't eat, can't shoot, can't plant, can't use as a tool,...just doesn't make sense to me. =/
    tell that to the jews in 1940's poland. they would ahve traded all of the super pails of rice int he world for a pocket full of gold coins.

I regularly buy small amounts of silver myself. I tend to buy on the "slumps" but I don't fret over a 20 cent move here or there. I feel the price of it is fairly stable, trending upward and if you have plenty of beans, bullets and bibles..err books, then a bit of bullion won't hurt.

Buy in the dips. I don't think it will "soar" but it has been climbing over the last year or too. Up from about $10 to $17/oz when last I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Mike View Post
    Buy in the dips. I don't think it will "soar" but it has been climbing over the last year or too. Up from about $10 to $17/oz when last I looked.
    $18.45 right now

Quote Originally Posted by aresbykes View Post
    hold off a little bit... it's going to drop again.
    What makes you think that?
    "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations entangling alliances with none."

Buy a little every now and then. That way you can cost average. If you buy some at $10 then you buy some at $20, you are still at a $15 average. Do yourself a favor, don't keep a written list. It is more fun that way.