Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: The (silver) buck stops here! The Consolidated thread on PM's

I think the price of silver (and gold) has been / is being manipulated to such an extent that the only person that could answer your "when to buy" question is one of the manipulators. It's just a coin flip for the rest of us. It goes up and it goes down, that's just the way it is (for now).

See that price thing over the past 6 months ago that I did above? Now, it's $30.88 - a difference of what... 88 in almost 2 months? pffft...

Don't buy precious metals as an investment, view them as insurance. In which case you don't worry about the price TOO much when you buy. You going to wait a week (month) to try to save 50 an ounce on a dip? It just might go up the same 50 tomorrow, so you're paying more than you would have today. Don't try to figure it out or watch it closely once you own it, it'll drive ya crazy!

Here is a link to the Kitco silver forum:

https://www.kitcomm.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Even folks there are mostly guessing, but it can be some interesting reading at times.

George Soros just unloaded all of his GLD shares to the tune of almost 100 million dollars worth. That is why PM's crashed again today. This is news, not speculation. He sees something coming or is trying to change the game somehow. He is an evil man. Whatever this is, it won't be good for us. I can't decide WHAT this will mean for the economy, because it is so counterintuitive to what is going on. Weak economy = strength in PM's, but this has not been the case. The last time PM's took a nosedive like this is during the collapse of 2008. I would take heed. I wrote a brief article on here last year I think about the effect of QE2 ending and the possibility of QE3 beginning and its effect on the PM market. Needless to say it went exactly as it was supposed to. Influx of FIAT cash into the economy would pump up the PM market. But right now, QE3 is still pumping money into parts of the economy and we are still seeing a drastic reduction in PM value. What this tells me is that injecting capital into the bond market, housing market (bad debt), etc... is no longer giving the desired effect. It's like anything else, you keep doing it and eventually you will have a smaller and smaller effect each time you do it. The economy has become immunized. I would look for a buying opportunity soon and a possible increase in QE3 that will really be QE4 but disguised. As soon as this new influx in capital is made available (to the banks of course) I would expect another spike in PM value for a short period. I find Soros' move very disturbing to say the least. I'm worried.

To further expound on my points, you should also take note of the countries that are demanding delivery of their physical gold holdings in the US. This isn't some conspiracy, there is a fundamental reason behind this. I believe that inflation is getting ready to rear its ugly head and these other countries want nothing to do with a dollar backed investment. We have been talking about collapse of the dollar for quite a while now, and realistically, we all measure the intangible "worth" of gold in dollars.... just like oil. The warning signs are there for real now. I believe the ponzi scheme is no longer fooling anyone. It NEVER really fooled anyone but investors (other countries) were willing to play ball because there was still money to be made. Dumping their gold ETF's and taking physical delivery is a tell tale sign that they no longer trust our influx of capital to prop up our economy is going to continue to work. Did I mention that I'm finally really worried?
    Last edited by Sgt.Mac; 02-15-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Here is a link to my original article on the effect of QE on the market and subsequent effect on PM's if anyone is interested.
    http://www.whenshtf.com/threads/4808...ent-strategies

We are completely out of debt. I use my credit card to pay for almost everything. I pay it off several times a month. I do this because I do not need to worry about return policies. I just return items. If they object I leave the item and write the credit card company a letter and they remove the charge.

Credit is a tool best left unused.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
    We are completely out of debt. I use my credit card to pay for almost everything. I pay it off several times a month. I do this because I do not need to worry about return policies. I just return items. If they object I leave the item and write the credit card company a letter and they remove the charge.

Credit is a tool best left unused.
    But, But, But..............you DO use "credit" by using your credit card, you just don't pay interest.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
    We are completely out of debt. I use my credit card to pay for almost everything. I pay it off several times a month.

Why? If you just pay your monthly bill each month before it's due date there are no interest charges.

I don't get the "I pay it off several times a month." part.

Umm, not to revive an old thread, but I certainly hope y'all are buying. Not sure what is going on, but holy crap, 2 years ago we would have been saying, remember when silver was $20 per oz? Crazy times people.

Yeah, well, when this thread gets revived, it must mean it's time to buy, buy, buy......and it's definitely buying time....maybe it'll even go down to $15....
    Rock of the Marne
    1/30th Infantry, 3rd Infantry Division

Is it time to revive? Silver at $15.50.