Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The (silver) buck stops here! The Consolidated thread on PM's

Quote Originally Posted by RDLong70 View Post
    Investing in something you can't eat, can't shoot, can't plant, can't use as a tool,...just doesn't make sense to me. =/
    Why do you think silver is that useless. Do you know silver has antibiotic/antimicrobial properties? Works well for water purification. Silver is indispensable and I believe a greater value than gold.

I know, but think of it in terms of that $15 to $20 could be:

Ammo (1-2 boxes)
    Food Preps (1-2 days food)
    A tool or two for the garden, woods, house
    Extra Medical Supplies
    A item of clothing, shoes, winter wear
    Fishing equipment
    ..and so on...

Investing in PMs that may or may not be important in the future is a gamble (imo). That's just my point of view.
    You might be able to resell them in the future for profit, maybe not.
    I know a box of 22LR will always be a great barter item.
    I know a box of 22LR will put food on the table
    I know a box of 22LR will stop an intruder
    I know a box of 22LR will always be a sound investment.
    =)

Where are you getting 1 - 2 boxes of ammo that cheap? 9mm cost me $17.00 a box of 50 the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by RDLong70 View Post
    I know, but think of it in terms of that $15 to $20 could be:

Ammo (1-2 boxes)
    Food Preps (1-2 days food)
    A tool or two for the garden, woods, house
    Extra Medical Supplies
    A item of clothing, shoes, winter wear
    Fishing equipment
    ..and so on...

Investing in PMs that may or may not be important in the future is a gamble (imo). That's just my point of view.
    You might be able to resell them in the future for profit, maybe not.
    I know a box of 22LR will always be a great barter item.
    I know a box of 22LR will put food on the table
    I know a box of 22LR will stop an intruder
    I know a box of 22LR will always be a sound investment.
    =)
    I guess my real driving force is the medical probabilities of silver , there are several ongoing researches to the value of such and many more undocumented uses to the anti-bacterial use of this PM..................You know ,if I was laying there with a wound that became super infected and no meds available...... I would like to think I had exhausted all means to survive before I died instead of wondering if something as simple as a silver could have saved me.......................

Quote Originally Posted by liberty45 View Post
    Where are you getting 1 - 2 boxes of ammo that cheap? 9mm cost me $17.00 a box of 50 the other day.

115 grain 9MM ammo Federal at Walmart is $9.47 a box of 50

How I track my silver purchases: I keep track of dollars spent into silver, total dollars. I track total ounces held. If I compare total dollars in, to total dollars value of silver, I am currently way ahead of the game. That is how you determine whether or not you are buying silver well as an investment. The silver offers me a peace of mind value that is not calculated in the above. The fact that I am ahead of the game, is in fact, a nice bonus.

You can determine the dips reasonably well, because there are seasonal adjustments that occur when the metal is sold to industrial concerns. There are a few other significant long term trends that help you time the market efficiently. In addition, if you're simply watching, you can see when various curves are "about to end" and buy near those curves.

22LR: I've got 20k rounds. I won't shoot that much 22LR in the remainder of my life. My kids probaby can't shoot that much 22LR in their lives, without trying real hard. There reaches a point where you simply have to move on to other investments. If you're not at that point, by all means, invest in 22LR. Considering the total investment for 20k Rounds is around $320.00 It shouldn't take most people very long before they reach a level of comfort with their stock of 22LR, even if their comfort level is twice or three times my own. Another item that his hard to dismiss is that a bartered box of 22LR could mean your death from 100 yards away, and thus the loss of all of your supplies. +1 to the above post that not everyone will wish to barter with 22LR and having alternatives are nice.

Medical Possibilities: They are legitimate, but you MUST be careful. It requires .9999 purity silver. Most coins are .999 that extra 9 is VERY important in the medical use. Also, be extremely cautious in your use of this, as there are side effects and concerns with it. Mineral Rich Natural Sea Salt is likely a better antibiotic alternative than the Colloidal Silver, though both have their uses and their efficacy.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty45 View Post
    Box of 550 rounds of 22LR are just under $20.

http://theinternationalforecaster.co...mes_Collapsing

"As a result of what the public would call hocus-pocus, the price of gold has been rising. There are other factors making gold rise, but this is the latest. Finally professionals are paying attention to these problems, but more importantly, that the “President’s Working Group on Financial Markets” is manipulating all markets, but particularly the gold and silver markets. It won’t be long, within two weeks that a class action lawsuit, one of many by silver owners, will be filed against JPM Morgan Chase for manipulating the silver market. That should get Wall Street’s and Washington’s attention. This kind of suit is very difficult to defend against. Like Barrick Gold not many years ago, they admitted taking direction from the US government for hedging in the gold market, so will Morgan defer to the US government to explain their actions. Irrespective, Morgan will lose and the manipulation of the silver market and probably the gold market will end."

Quote Originally Posted by bobthe View Post
    tell that to the jews in 1940's poland. they would ahve traded all of the super pails of rice int he world for a pocket full of gold coins.
    Or a few 1911s and springfield 03s.

Default Silver buying

I'm considering buying some silver to serve as both investment and currency post SHTF. My question is whether I should buy "junk" silver or silver eagles/maples? I have an opportunity to join a group buy so there is no minimum for me to buy.
    I've done so much with so little for so long, I'm starting to think I can do anything with nothing.