Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Portable Communications Box Project - Picture Heavy

Working on getting digital working on the comm box... Purchased a really nice and very inexpensive interface... But... Fighting a few computer settings getting it to work... Will report back soon with details and links....
    ----------
    laus Deo

Nice. Got me thinking. Thank's.

Duplicity...

You sir, are a genius.

Without a shred of doubt, the BEST communications box Ive ever seen. And Ive surfed a bunch of commo forums.

I KNOW I could sell those, a few posts on AR15.com, Suvivalistboards, and HAM sites, you would be well on your way. Advertise in QST, in the back pages, Im telling you, it would make you a pile of cash. And Id be extracting my gear out of the ad hoc setups I built and sending you money.

There is money to be made brother, I would jump if I were you.

Has been a long time since I 'visited' the com box issue.... this one works great and I use it often. Over time, it has become apparent, that this approach is too 'custom'... too specific to my gear and the way I wanted this to work... so.. I have been thinking through how I would approach this if I wanted to simplify and make another that is much more generic... something anybody could toss radios in and be operating in short order...

Just starting the planning, so we'll see what I come up with.
    ----------
    laus Deo

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicity View Post
    Has been a long time since I 'visited' the com box issue.... this one works great and I use it often. Over time, it has become apparent, that this approach is too 'custom'... too specific to my gear and the way I wanted this to work... so.. I have been thinking through how I would approach this if I wanted to simplify and make another that is much more generic... something anybody could toss radios in and be operating in short order...

Just starting the planning, so we'll see what I come up with.

I miss watching the progress, keep us updated.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Beautiful work! This is one of the first Mobile Radio "Go-Box" that looks like it had a great deal of thought and planning to it.
    One suggestion, since it potentially could be fed by a diesel vehicle, some of which use 2-12volt batteries in series for 28 volts, would you want some simple crowbar protection set at 15v?

Beautiful! As for lights, simple white and red leds would work and draw the least power. Red for 'filtered' nighttime work and white when you need it.