Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Pennsylvania Bushcraft Group

Default Eastern Pennsylvania Bushcraft Group

Looking to get a group of folks together who are interested in learning and practicing bushcraft. Also to test out gear and skills during hikes and campings.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Im right over the border and would enjoy "escaping" once in a while...Near where? I'm in Sussex Co.

I am in Lehigh County Pennsylvania. But I do hike up at the Delaware Water Gap a lot as well as other places north of my AO. The Jersey side of the DWG is far better than the PA side!

I agree! I'm sure there's more folks that live in these parts(?) Anybody?

Send info when you have a plan - was in Pa last week - did some hiking - no camping.
    I am in NYC but wife and I like to get away on weekends

@opsview - I have tried to organize like minded PA/NJ folks for outdoor survival/bushcraft skills and it always seems to fall short. I never give up being optimistic though. I hiked the AT in PA a bit two weekends ago and had a group of boy scouts follow me around more than their boy scout leader because I knew about wild edibles and bushcraft, although there is much to be learned. That is why I am doing this... wanting to share my knowledge in return for learning something new that can be beneficial to survival and preparedness.

@charlie505 - Will definitely keep you posted. When you swing back to PA shoot me a PM we can get together and hike. I know some great trails and places here.

To everyone. Bushcraft skills can be used in the city and suburbs as well so don't feel like the skills you will learn will not be used in the city/suburbs. Learning valuable skills will reduce the weight of your gear (BOB, GHB, etc) because the skills you learn only require basic tools and knowledge to survive.

Add me to the list, also in Lehigh County. I'm up for hiking and learning. Not much of a camper, I've been spoiled by flush toidies and running water ...

Will do. I normally go hiking every other weekend as that is when I am off.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty45 View Post
    Will do. I normally go hiking every other weekend as that is when I am off.
    Give me a couple weeks...4H and other stuff with the kiddies is winding down. I would love to bring my 11yr along to meet some folks and learn some bushcraft as well. He sleeps with his Cold Steel machete! Why? Because I wasn't allowed when I was a kid!
    Mike

Add me to your list. I live in Carbon County