Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: A.L.I.C.E Vs M.O.L.L.E.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    117

    Default A.L.I.C.E Vs M.O.L.L.E.

    Im looking at getting a new pack, and im leaning toward an Alice pack...any inputs?
    Corruptisima re publica plurimae leges

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Eastern Kentucky
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    Alice is a time proven piece of kit. The Large ALICE Rucksack is one of the best ways out there to carry your house on your back just remember that with any piece of kit get out there and use it. Don't throw a 50 pound load in one and think you are going to walk a country mile cause it will kick your ass. If you go with Alice I suggest you check out tactical tailors site and invest in a good set of straps and pads. A company called downeastinc has a poly frame called a 1606 and it is based of the molle frame but designed for alice. I am attempting to get one to T&E if matt can swing it. If not I am going to order one before summer.
    It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to [he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any life-threatening attack made upon him with a deadly weapon Gibson v KY,34SW936

  3. #3

    Default

    I have used both. If you are not getting a Camelbak then I would recomemnd an ALICE Pack with frame.

    This is what I use: http://www.camelbak.com/government-m...e/cbr-bfm.aspx

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Just to play devils advocate here, ALICE is lot louder than MOLLE moving through the woods. I also feel like (assuming you buy legit gear) that the MOLLE is a more secure connection to the LBE than ALICE.

    ALICE has never failed me though.

    BUT, be aware the current issue MOLLE rucks have notoriously awful plastic frames. For a framed pack you're better off with the ALICE.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maetl View Post
    Just to play devils advocate here, ALICE is lot louder than MOLLE moving through the woods. I also feel like (assuming you buy legit gear) that the MOLLE is a more secure connection to the LBE than ALICE.

    ALICE has never failed me though.

    BUT, be aware the current issue MOLLE rucks have notoriously awful plastic frames. For a framed pack you're better off with the ALICE.
    MOLLE is good, but I'd suggest you look into getting a generation III or IV frame. Still made of polymer material but much, much stronger. Go to www.armygear.com. They've got the generation IV frame (new) for about $7.00. That's a heck of a good price. Most other places they cost from $20.00 and up. I'm pretty sure that's the right place. If not PM me and I'll get the right one for you. I've been doing a lot of browsing the last few days on a number of sights, but I'm pretty certain that's the right one. I just got a brand new molle pack yesterday myself. Been debating with myself about it for a while as they are somewhat heavier than ALICE gear, but the packs are first rate as far as quality. And, Yep, I'm gonna be ordering one of the gen IV frames in a few days my self. I work at a Army/Navy surplus store part time and had some things at home related to that business that I didn't need so I was able to work an even trade for the molle pack....no money out of pocket. Not a bad deal.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Forgot to mention, I still use ALICE gear. I'm one of those kooks who thinks there is no such thing as too many good packs. I'd have to say you can't go wrong either way you go. Just remember, if you go with molle get a gen III or IV frame.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    kbs109, a correction on that web adress. It is www.armygear,net, not army gear .com. I just checked it to make certain. Ah so. Prease do forgive mistake, buddy san.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Andrews, IN -- Lima, OH
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    kbs109, a correction on that web adress. It is www.armygear,net, not army gear .com. I just checked it to make certain. Ah so. Prease do forgive mistake, buddy san.
    Here you go, you kinda messed up the URL again with the comma, so I've got you covered.

    www.armygear.net
    "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations entangling alliances with none."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by armysurplus View Post
    I have used both. If you are not getting a Camelbak then I would recomemnd an ALICE Pack with frame.

    This is what I use: http://www.camelbak.com/government-m...e/cbr-bfm.aspx
    +1 for camelbak!! This is the same pack I have except mine is in OD green. FYI, those side pouches on the camelbak BFM hold 6 30rd mags each (12total) if you're thinking BOB. I'm not in the army anymore, I appreciate good gear when I go bear hunting in canada and other outdoor trips. Camelbak makes one heck of a pack and I would say depending on what one you want it's a close rival to an alice pack.

    For what it's worth though, I just ordered a new alice pack from armygear.net because it was less than $50 for a brand new setup that's rock solid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octomonkey View Post
    Here you go, you kinda messed up the URL again with the comma, so I've got you covered.

    www.armygear.net
    Thanks, octo. I've been having one of those monday and tuesday days, if ya know what I mean. Ten left thumbs on both hands and can't seem to type for sh.. . Ever have one of them?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •