Thread: palmer LDS food storage

Default palmer LDS food storage

have any of you checked out the later day saints food storage center in palmer. in reading other survivalist forums i've read you can maybe use their canning supply equipment ??? or maybe buy 5 gal buckets already sealed in mylar ???? any how when i'm on the next r @ r i think i'll give them a call and or drop in with the wife and see what's shaken. i've read you don't have to be a morman. if their religion suggests 7 year food storage i suppose they know what their talking about. anyway if i stumble in there with a 100 dollar bill it might be interesting. thoughts ?? imput ??? histories ???

I think you need to set up an appointment. I have been there and it's not like people are sitting there waiting for customers to come in. I also think they help needy with food stocks but I really don't know what there criteria is. I would wait till the missionaries come knocking at your and ask them. They may even ask if you need any work done. They cleaned up 440 feet of creek for me, pulling snags out and such. They do a lot of good work but you should be open to at least hearing what they have to say to take advantage of what they offer.

the wife phoned them today and said since we are not mormon we can't go. this goes against everything i have heard from dozens of preppers in lower 48. will investigate if this is church policy or an opinionated member. did say if a church member invited me all would be ok.

interesting side bar: a few years ago i was hiking thru the himalayas in nepal there was a big blood sacrifice to kali. no one but hindus could go. i wore a turbine and sun glasses and saw hundreds of animals have thier throats slit and the blood spray on the statue of kali untill i was standing ankle deep in blood.

postulation: should i bring several girl friends with me and say "oh yeah i'm mormon thru and thru"

It used to be that anyone could go in and can food or buy food but now, if you are not a member, they ask that you go with someone that is. I'm not surewhy. But if you have any mormon friends see if they would go with you.Or if you get online you should be able to find the phone number of the church building in palmer, call on sunday and you could ask if someone is going and you could tag along.