Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Altoids tins & Pocket kits

If I had a white collar job, I'd wear a scottevest.

http://www.scottevest.com/?gclid=CMy...FQJinAodOln_0Q

BTW, I should have said I carry a fanny pack, I don't wear it all the time, get in/out of car, on job, sits on desk.
    I used to EDC a USGI carbine 30 round mag pouch. Before that, a M14 single mag pouch.
    Last edited by bltjr1951; 01-15-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by 2paranoid View Post
    Anyone ever give any consideration to discreet and comfortable daily carry of a small PSK like these? I'd love to be able to wear a fanny pack to work - hell, I'd love a drop holster and a tactical vest full of gear too - but I doesn't really fit in well in a corporate setting, even if i do wear jeans every day and good luck trying to stop me.

My thought was to use a smart-phone belt holster - just about the right size to carry an Altoids tin loaded with goodies, and nobody would think twice about seeing it on your belt. Most of them have some sort of gaps that the PSK would be visible through, so you'd have to camo the tin - a little black paint would probably do. Only problem I see is having to wear two holsters - one for the PSK and one for your phone. A card-carrying geek (guilty!) might be able to get away with it, but you'll still look like a tool.

Any other ideas for discreet PSK carry?
    I walk around everyday with 2 black pouches on my side, 1 for my phone and the other for my Leatherman. Never been called a tool before.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDreamer View Post
    +1, Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Remington 7400 View Post
    I walk around everyday with 2 black pouches on my side, 1 for my phone and the other for my Leatherman. Never been called a tool before.
    Sure, a Leatherman and a phone can be seen as normal, but 2 pouches that ostensibly contain cell phones puts you into serious geek mode.

And besides Rem, from what I've learned about you on the forum, not too may people are likely to call you anything but "Sir"

Have you thought about pollishing the inside of the lid so it could be used as a signal mirror ? How about wrapping it with duct tape ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Hopefully people will find the time to share more pics of their kits with us.
    Just look at the F&S site, after awhile they all look alike. Same items, different pack foo. Wrapped in duct tape and paracord.
    ZombieSquad site is over run with pics of them, some call em B.O.A.T.
    John D. McCann wrote "Build the Perfect Survival kit", some say it's the survival kit bible.
    Last edited by bltjr1951; 01-17-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: book

Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Have you thought about pollishing the inside of the lid so it could be used as a signal mirror ? How about wrapping it with duct tape ?
    Instead of Polishing, how about using one of the small mirrors that are in a Womans makeup compact? My wife goes thru about 2-3 a year. Inside is a small round mirror thats only held on with a little adhesive. Works good for soething like a time and is very lightweight

Default Altoid tins and cahnge purses.

Went hunting today and just remember i might pass this old thing own. Years ago as th wife got her new purse i would take the little change holder that came with them. I use them to hold ammo for my different hand guns and small riffles.
    One small coin purse black holds 20 rounds of .223 for my handy riffle.
    A brown one holds 50 rds of .22.
    then a red one that holds .357 /12 rounds to reload my 2 speed loaders.
    drop it my pocket when i go hiking or out back to shoot a little.
    they dont rattle in my pocket and aren't bulky.

they are also covert for glove box

Actually I just bought some altoids just for the tin. I'm going to make a small survival fishing kit from it to add to my bag.
    I've done so much with so little for so long, I'm starting to think I can do anything with nothing.

I like those altoid tin. I like to hold matches and other fire starting crap .