Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Alaskans!

I'm in the Butte. Seems there are a few of us.

Howdy ranger, you are almost a neighbor to me, I am off KGB. About due east of BL airport actually. You are in a cold spot, aren't you? LOL

A meet-n-greet might not be a bad idea, At least for those of us within driving distance. If anyone else is interested I'd drive into Wasilla or Palmer to meet some other 'crazy survivalists'.

A few months? SOunds like right around silver season..

LOL well, nevermind about the fishing then, you definitely have plenty of that down your way. I was down at Cooper's landing last memorial day for the annual black bear hunt, not sure what plans I have this year, though. Might be worth a pass on the bear hunting if I could meet some new folks.

I'm up for fishing but Silvers won't be running till August. Kings start in June but that is still a ways off. Internet bull is good practice for the fish stories that would be told around the fishing hole. I'd love to share a bottle with you guys on the river and put your gullabilty to the test.

I can go places equally. From here Homer is the same distance as Valdez, If I'm dippnetting it's the same distance to Kenai or Chitina. I launch at Whiskey Gulch or Valdez most of the time. The tail race is just down the road from me and would be good place to plunk bait and swap stories. Most of my family is on the Yukon so I spend a few weeks a year up there. Just about anywhere is good for me.

Homer is always a good time. Usually when I'm fishing up this way I go to Caswell Creek. Not a ton of people there usually, not like Sheep or Montana. The fishing isn't bad and there's a decent campsite up at the top of the hill. It's a great burbot spot too.

Just signed up today, moved over from one of the "other" survival forums.Too much BS going on there. Glad to see many Alaskans here.

hey guys I too live in Alaska, down in the Kenai/Soldotna Area, I actually Work with Alaska.